Little Wire is multi-featured USB controlled open source hardware tool packed in a minimal form factor designed by ihsan Kehribar. Even though it has minimal form factor, and packed with full of features; there aren’t any SMT components involved, therefore it is very suitable for beginners to assemble.
This tool has to take instructions at run-time over USB. It can't work in a computer-less environment.
V1.1 beta firmware released for the Little Wire. You can find the changelog and details from this link.
- USB controlled multi-tool with:
- 4-channel digital input / output
- ADC (10 bit resolution)
- 2 parallel hardware PWM outputs
- SPI interface
- I2C interface
- USBtiny compatible AVR programmer
- Printf style debugging over AVR-ISP pins
- USB to UART converter (alternative firmware -- CDC-232 port)
- Onboard serial bootloader for firmware upgrades
- Minimal form factor and all through-hole components
- Open Source Hardware design
- AVR programming /summon captainObvious
- LED dimming, color mixing
- General servo driving
- Pan and tilt servo control of a webcam for face tracking
- With additional motor driver IC, 2 wheel robot driving
- Analog voltage recording and plotting
- Controlling LED matrix displays by using SPI module to drive shift registers
- USB to SPI bridge
- USB to I2C bridge
- USB to UART bridge
- General purpose V-USB developement board
- 1 x Little Wire PCB
- 1 x Pre-programmed Attiny85 chip.
- 1 x 8pin IC socket
- 1 x USB Male Type A connector
- 2 x 3.6v zener diode
- 2 x 100 nF capacitor
- 2 x 27 Ohm resistor
- 1 x 1.2 kOhm resistor
- 1 x 150 ohm resitor
- 1 x LED ( for power indication)
- 1 x 2pin male header
- 1 x 2pin jumper
- 1 x (2x3)pin male header
Analog functionality on pin3 pin isn't stable but supported. Use it at your own risk.
What is included?
- Eagle schematic / layout files. Also in PDF format.
- Microcontroller firmware files and makefile
- Bootloader source files
- C function/header files for command line USB interface for Windows and Linux
- C++ class for Windows and Linux
- Processing library for Windows ( With reduced feature set ... )
- C# class for Windows USB interface ( in development ... )
- Example C projects for almost every feature of the board
- Example C++ projects for almost every feature of the board
- Example Processing projects
- Example C# project for analog voltage plotting based on zedGraph
Do not use the Adafruit USB VID/PID without written permission from Adafruit Industries, LLC and Limor "Ladyada" Fried (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Permission is granted for littlewire Ihsan Kehribar and Seeed Studio by Adafruit Industries, LLC to use the Adafruit USB VID/PID for littlewire.