DSO Nano Video / SD Card

--DSO201

Moderator: tormod

Re: DSO Nano Video / SD Card

by FreeZinG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:25 pm

The DSO Nano just can save the data into the specifically file of the SD card. So you can download this zip file and decompression it , then put the files onto your SD card~
SDFILE.rar
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 1093 times

Try this again~
FreeZinG

by FreeZinG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Now all I need is a way to transfer the image from the screen to my PC. I misunderstood and thought this was a feature...

--------------------------

Yes , here is a small tool for you to see the image on you PC~
DAT2BMP.zip
(345.54 KiB) Downloaded 413 times

Thanks
FreeZinG
FreeZinG

by Toby » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:07 pm

I've tried FAT and FAT32 format, with and without the files, nothing works. "SD Card Err". I'll buy a new one today and try again.
Toby
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by tf_dk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:05 pm

I just got a 2GB Sandisk card, and now I got the file saving to work.

I used the files supplied in the .rar file and copied them over on my Mac.

The DSO Nano booted up with the card inserted, and didn't give the permanent white screen I got for the 4GB Kingston card I tried first.

I like how the file number is automatically incremented when you save a screen-dump.

I then tried the conversion software, and I managed to get a .bmp out, though I had to guess what the menus was, since everything is just ???? (question marks), probably because of some character set problem.

/Thomas
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by tf_dk » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Btw. the card I used was formatted with FAT16

/Thomas
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by FreeZinG » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm

The card can not larger than 2G ~ because the 2+G not use the normal SD protocol but the SDHC (SD HIGHT capacity ).and now the DSO Nano 's firmware doesn't support it.
FreeZinG

by justblair » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:55 am

I have the files working correctly now. I guess having some data in the dat files makes all the difference....

Thanks for the download...
Kindergarten
Kindergarten

by spiffed » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:01 am

I'm trying to use a 64MB micro-SD card in my DSO Nano, but I'm not having any luck. As a baseline, the card works fine in my USB SD card reader, MP3 player, and digital camera. I've formatted the card as FAT16 and created the FILExxx.DAT files (using the archive posted).

When I insert the card in the Nano, I can access the FS and FL menus, but I get a "Micro SD Err" when loading or saving files.
Connecting the DSO Nano to my Windows XP workstation, and it shows up as a removable drive, without any media.
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by justblair » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:55 am

I'm getting some fairly erratic results with the SD cards. Some of the time it saves as it should, or at least this seems to be correct on the device. Somethines I get SDerror.

The other thing I have noticed is that when using dat2bmp to retrieve screen prints that the Saved position on the Nano ie File001 sometimes does not match at all the file name ie I am finding it on File000.dat. There is more weirdness going on..
Kindergarten
Kindergarten

by ahasver » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 am

Hi all, I´ve experienced the same problem with saving to microSD and tried many cards and recomended formating (fat16). I´ve found out some cards haven´t work with the DSO, especially Kingston cards. Nokia card (shipped with phone) worked well for me. ;)
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

PreviousNext