(1) Voltage/div, Time/Div
(2) Trigger (Mode, Edge, Level)
(3) A Cursor (x,y)
(4) Store/Recall
(3) B Cursor (x,y)
(6) Signal output
(7) CH1 Position (x, y)
(8) Setup

These eight options are divided in two groups: four go in top of screen (say Trigger, Store/Recall, Signal Output, Setup) and the other four go bottom (say Voltage/Time, A Cursor, B Cursor, CH1 Pos).

Initially, option (1) is selected. So if we want to change Voltage up/down keys are used. If we want to change Time, then left/right keys are used. If we want to move to another option (say Trigger), push M, navigate with arrow keys to the desired option (in the example with the up key) and push M again. Now we can modify the trigger.

Nano has 6 buttons: (L)eft, ®ight, (U)p, (D)own, (R/S) and (M). Let’s see how the functionality would be for all options:
(1) Voltage/div (U - D), Time/Div (L - R)
(2) Trigger: Mode (R/S), Edge (L - R), Level (U - D)
(3) A Cursor (U, D, L, R) for varying x & y position across the screen. R/S could be used to switch cursor ON/OFF
(4) B Cursor: same as avobe
(5) Store/Recall: Mode selected with L/R and file with U/D.
(6) Signal output: frequency (U/D) and ON/OFF with (L/R)
(7) CH1 Position (x, y) (U/D/L/R)
(8) Setup: this mode will stop oscilloscope and draw some kind of menu in the middle of screen. To move across the menus use (U/D/L/R) and to set/reset an option (R/S). Things to configure: probe sensitivity (x1, x10), measure functions showed (AVG, RMS, Peak…), other future options (Battery charge, automatic shutdown, firmware update), etc

As screen is limited, i will recomend the use of icons for options (3), (4), (5), (6), (7) & (8), leaving a valuable space to show parameters related to the option selected (i.e. When cursor A is selected, show its voltage, AT-AF, etc). Use of a lighter (an maybe smaller) font will leave more room…

Here is an example (shown values doesn’t match the signal):

Of course, this idea can be further developed. If i get some time to program this on Nano i’ll let you know.

Thanks your idea~

We forger to mention that : the new UI had better for two channels , and support math (like channel 1+channel 2).

I have started making some changes to the code (in the original code the interface was hard to change as it was hard coded for each item which item came before / after it)

Changes from firmware v1.1:

• Single-shot capture mode partially fixed (R0.3) [depending on the time base only part of the screen may show the signal]
  • grouped trigger functions
  • fixed bug that allowed trigger level to be continually moved down

code changes:

• made it easier to change the menu order (to change the navigation order just change “enum menuItems” in Functions.h (to change the position on the screen change the coordinates in Functions.c)

Planned features:

• AUTOSCALE

Compiling the code:

• Download the official firmware and extract it - copy the folders DS0201_DFU, library, USBLib into a new folder and place DSO201_APP (from the attachment) in the folder.
  • Compile with IAR v5.4
  • DSO nano you will need to use the STMicroelectronics DfuSe programs (the output file is located in DS0201_APP\project\EWARM\Debug_FLASH\Exe) (you will need the hex file to a .dfu file)
  • Release 3 has some bugs in it and I don’t recommend using this version for normal use.

• This version of the software is based on v1.1 of the original software. Due to the limitations of this loading / saving to the micro SD card might not work.
    DSO201.R0.3.dfu.zip (20.2 KB)
    DSO R0.3.zip (64.9 KB)
    DS0201_APP_r0.2.zip (131 KB)

I’ll take a look at it as soon as i can. Thanks!!

The version I originally uploaded has bugs in it (the text for v1/v2 doesn’t update properly) - almost done moving the trigger settings to the bottom part of the menu and will upload after that.

Hello Gentlemen,
I was wondering if anyone here is intersted in doing a side job for me. I am looking for someone to do some custom programming to the nano dso.

I would like to ad menus for pre-sets. Maybe make it a pop up menu.

Please contact me if you are interested.

vejarml@gmail.com

I am new here and have some questions:

1. Is there a ballpark on when the Next Gen DSO nano will make its debuit?
  2. Will it include auto-shutoff as an option?
  3. What programming languages does the Next Gen DSO Nano support?
  4. Will the Next Gen DSO nano offer Dual Channel support?
  5. Will the Next Gen DSO nano have 1 M ohm impedence?
  6. Will the Next Gen DSO nano have interfacing USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 support?
  7. Will the Next Gen DSO nano offer analog mode?
  8. What temperature and working environments will be supported by it?

I like the color display, is there interface info so I could use it in some projects?

If ASP, a subset of VB is supported, I can provide some programming support when available.

Ideas:: Online calculators for electronics are useful, will the Next Gen DSO nano have any support to add functions, subroutines, code or apps so one can pick and choose what utilities, help, support - even off the SD stick can be accessed by the user? [ JavaScript, Perl, PHP, ASP, Java modules here would be great. ]

We are working on the next generation, trying to achieve the goals as other customers have proposed too.

For programming, it will be based on C, and planning to provide support to add-on APPs. We will also be working on the SDK part and try make it as easy as possible for developers. Please let us know if you have any suggestions!

The electronic tool set would be a great idea! Thanks!

what about a voltage controled crystal oscillator with a high Q … could be used as a frequency genorator
and with a comparitor could be used to boost oscilloscope to 10 mhz or even very much higher
there would need to be more arm code added to be able to utilize the oscillator and maybe use some of the
unused stm32 pins

so 10 to 1mhz in usual mode then jump to oscillator mode when you need to use it …trying to leave
everything on the board alone as much as possible …

I like the idea of another probe somehow MODed into the DOS