Hi, finally i figured out what was going on.
I have installed MinGW and to make it work i did some "manual configurations" basically some "environement variables" one of them tells the directory of gcc (wich i assume is used somewhere by the arduino software) as soon as i deleted those references, voila, Check started to work.
Then when trying to upload i had some "time outs", i look in forums for same problems and i changed in the boards.txt the following:
and i had to change the Manual_reset/Auto switch to Auto to get it work.
from this point on all seems to work ok, i'm using the arduino mega with the tft libraries with out any problem.