Help, DSO nano v3 only turns on when connected with USB

Hello, I have had a v1 which works great for years, just yesterday I got the v3 from Amazon, but the dso does not turn on.

I thought the battery was dead but after letting it sit overnight the next day it still did not turn on, the screen lights up but you get no image.

I have used the latest firmware along with Benf’s also, both have the same problem.

Now here is the weird part, I connected a mini usb to usb cable and attached it to my multimeter to measure current and the battery is charging, but does not turn on if I remove the cable

But if I connect the positive from the usb to the outside (ground) of the usb it turns on. Why?

Want to see if it is maybe something I am overlooking.

Attached some pictures, hopefully I can fix this without returning it, thanks in advance.
DSC00144.jpg
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00141.jpg
DSC00140.jpg
DSC00137.jpg
DSC00136.jpg
DSC00133.jpg

Looks like the battery is too low to drive the circuit. Maybe you should charge for a long time.

If still not working, please check with the following steps:
S1: plug the usb cable, measure the voltage between + and - of the battery pin. -> Should get ~4V, if not, the charging circuit may be broken.
S2: unplug the usb cable, measure the voltage of battery -> if > 3V, your Nano may be out of order.

Hope helpful for you.

I returned it maybe about a week after posting this when I saw I got no reply, got another one that worked just fine, though I am still using my ds201 since I don’t have a 10x bnc probe, its in the mail. Already got a 3.5 to bnc adapter, but not a probe.

The charging voltage and the battery resting voltage was good, the battery would charge and it would also hold that charge, I never found out what was wrong with it.

I have the same problem with DSO nano v2
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4888

The problem is still there because I don’t know where to fix it in China.

Recently, I have the same case. In my case, the connector, between battery and PCB, didn’t connect tightly.