#idea OpenTempescope

Simplify IoT Development.

Moderators: jiankai.li, yexiaobo

#idea OpenTempescope

by wassabi.time » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Tempescope is a physical display that recreates the weather forecasted inside a box. Instructions for building the box are straightforward: search google for github kenkawakenkenke tempescope wiki

Are several control examples online for iPhone and Raspberry Pi 3. I am thinking Wio Link could be perfect.

Wio-Link can use IFTTT to set up triggers on the weather for a given day. Then turn on and off relays to the 12V water pump and mist generator. Lastly, animate some RGB lamps for sunrise, lightning.
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: #idea OpenTempescope

by jiankai.li » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:21 am

Sounds nice, looking forward to see your project!
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by jiankai.li » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi Wassabi,
Sounds Great idea, recently I made a weather forecast box which can talk using Rpi3, and I found a website named openweathermap where you can get the weather info freely, maybe you'll need it too.

About the trigger, You can use IFTTT and DoButton as well as a Grove Sensor, For example, install a sensor on your door (PIR sensor, Touch Sensor and so on), so that when you want to go out it'll update the weather automatically.

Regards
Jiankai.li
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by wassabi.time » Wed May 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

by wassabi.time » Mon May 16, 2016 11:27 pm

I am still working on this and nearing completion. Basic animations are: Sunny, Cloudy, Raining, Thunderstorm, and Fog. The thunderstorm animation will also make small tornado in the chamber! :D

Debugged:
  • Wifi Connect
  • Wunderground Weather Parse
  • Temp -> LED Color
  • Lightning Effects
  • Fan Control
  • Wifi AP for initial wireless config (using smartphone)
  • Set weather location and UTC offset during config
  • Time sensitive forecast (today's forecast is in the past at night)

Issues:
  • wio link resets after a dozen minutes or so, WD timeout?
  • Wifi Credentials are sometimes forgotten through power cycle, may need to re-write the save process to use the eeprom

Todo:
  • Hardware: Atomizer. Tested ok on breadboard
  • Hardware: Water Pump, have the parts
  • Hardware: Configuration / Mode select button, the built in config button on D0 seems to be tied into the reset circuit if held too long.
  • Software: Elevated forecast, reads tonight and tomorrow, displays worse of the two
  • Software: Demo Mode (cycle through temperture colors while cycling through clouds / lightning / vortex)
  • Software: Party Mode (Fog with sound reactive lightning, black alt color)
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten