R-Dev-Ino is a Robotic Development Arduino compatible board, easily stackable. If you want to build a more complex robot, you need to modularize it. Instead of designing specific boards for each module, I have designed a multipurpose configurable board with a small prototyping area and an I2C connector made so the boards can be stackable side by side, one on top of the other like this:
--------- || --------- || ---------
- 3 pin headers for all I/O pins
- power to the 3 pin headers is user selectable by manually connecting a pin to the desired power voltage (Vcc or Vin)
- small prototyping area for board customisation
- headers for SPI programmer and external FTDI Basic programmer
- header for UART
- mirrored dual I2C connector to allow stacking right on top or side by side
- regulated and unregulated power connectors, with small regulator on board
- power LED
- board size 3" x 1.65"
- user can use either a crystal or a ceramic resonator (8 or 16 MHz)
The board was designed using Eagle CAD software. It is released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.5 License.