In-stock now! Ship in 48 hours.
B-Squares is a 3D modular electronics system with an emphasis on solar power and expandable energy storage, enabling the hobbyist to prototype clean-tech and Arduino inventions faster than ever before.
The Squares have magnetic contacts on each corner which allow them to easily snap together without wires. These magnetic contacts are also used to transmit electric signals between the Squares. This design allows users to quickly assemble Squares into arrays, with power flowing through the array, without wiring or soldering. The Dock-Square includes iPhone/iPod dock connector, PC USB connector, and stereo outputs.
A few tips on how to get the best results when charging from a Battery-Square:
- The Dock-Square circuitry is very similar to the open-source circuit design used in the Minty-Boost; a standard 5V DC voltage booster with specific resistors on the iPod/iPhone data lines. Particularly with the iPhone 3GS it's not uncommon to get "Device not supported" message, which usually goes away after removing the iPhone from the dock and reconnecting it.
- One difference in the Battery-Square circuitry is that we've included a resettable fuse to protect the circuit and batteries from high currents in the event that the magnetic toes are shorted. From the Kickstarter feedback we received earlier in the project this fuse is a very necessary feature. However, as a result some devices that require high spikes in current may not operate in the same way with the Battery-Square as other chargers.
- For best results you should make sure to fully charge the 3 AAA rechargeable batteries that come with the Battery-Square. Also, when using a single Battery-Square the best performance is achieved when the device being charged has a charge level of lower than 50%. Finally, charging the device with the device powered down improves the efficiency of the charging process.
- Using two Battery-Squares in parallel (with both '+' connected) provides the best performance for high current devices, such as iPhones and Android smartphones.
- High strength magnetic contacts.
- iPod/iPhone 30pin connector.
- Removable for use with non iPod devices.
- Select between 5V Mini-USB INPUT from a PC or 3.7V input from magnetic toes.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
- Contact voltage............................. 3.7V to 8V
- Charge current.............................. 800mA
- Temperature................................. -20°C to 45°C
|Dimensions||0mm x0mm x0mm|
Write Your Own Review