BLE-Shield v2.0.0 based on Bluegiga’s BLE112 Module
The Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Shield for Arduino is a Shield that enabled Arduino Projects to communicate with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled smartphones and tablets.
Version 2.0 of the Shield has some great new features which makes it even better, easier and more versatile to use.
- Based on Bluegiga’s BLE112 Bluetooth 4.0 single mode compliant module
- Open Source Hardware- and Firmware
- No Library necessary to operate the module on the target platform
- Compatible with BLE enabled smartphones and tables such as iPhone4s, iPhone5, Phone5s, iPad3, iPad Mini, iPad Air and Android Devices starting with Version 4.3
- Configurable UART Pins RX, TX, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Configurable Interrupt pins 2, 3 and 7 which is set high once the BLE-Shield is connected
- Baudrates 9600 (default), 14400, 19200, 28800 and 38400 can be changed using a characteristic
- The new reset switch now resets the BLE-Shield and the underlying Arduino board.
- Solder headers for all BLE112 module pins and Arduino headers so you can wire up it as you need if you want to write custom firmware
- Mini USB connector for firmware updates (See www.mkroll.mobi for details on how to update the firmware).
In order to access the features of the BLE-Shield v2.0.0 such as controlling baud rate and the serial port the iPhone App BLExplr
The Schematic, Boardfiles and Firmware sources available at the authors github repository available at here