This Arduino-compatible shield uses three TI TLC5940 PWM LED driver ships to drive a 4x4 array of RGB LEDs. Each color is controlled by a different chip so you can adjust the reference resistors for the appropriate current. This also includes mounting positions for for three general-purpose buttons that are connected to ground, and a reset button. The TLC5940 chips are not directly connected to any Arduino pins, but a header is provided for you to make a manual connection depending on the needs of your sketch.
Note: This is a Un-assembled Kit, you need soldering skill to assemble it.
- 16 common-anode RGB LEDs (LED11-LED44)
- 3 TI TLC5940N LED driver ICs (IC1, IC2, IC3)
- 3 28-pin DIP IC sockets
- 3 2K ohm resistors (R1, R2, R3)
- 1 10K ohm resistor (R4)
- 2 1x8 female wirewrap headers
- 2 1x6 female wirewrap headers
- 1 2x5 male header
- 1 2x4 male header
- 1 1x2 male header
- 6 jumpers for connecting adjacent pins
- 4 Omron-style SPST momentary switches
- 3 0.1uF ceramic capacitors