SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder, an open-source tool to build RS485 sensors with Grove
SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder is a quick tool for IoT developers to build IoT sensors and applications and a custom open-source LoRaWAN device with low development cost.
- 10+: $16.90
SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder is an open-source tool to build RS485 sensors with Grove sensors. It also enables developers to build a custom industrial-grade LoRaWAN sensor connecting to SenseCAP Cloud with SenseCAP Data Logger.
- Easily build MODBUS RS485 industrial-grade sensors: With open-source source code and IP66 enclosure, easily convert over 500+ existing Grove sensors to MODBUS RS485 industrial-grade sensors. 6 of the most popular environmental Grove sensors are already fully compatible with native firmware with more to come.
- SenseCAP Data Logger and IoT Platform Compatible: Convert to a SenseCAP LoRaWAN® sensor with SenseCAP Data Logger and take advantage of quick and easy set-up in just 5 minutes with SenseCAP Mate APP.
- Supports Third-party Data Loggers and IoT Platforms: Besides SenseCAP Data Logger, developers could connect to other data loggers that support MODBUS RS485 protocol and third-party IoT platforms.
- Ready-to-deploy Industrial-grade Outdoor Enclosure: IP66 waterproof rate outdoor enclosure with window and waterproof ventilation hole reserved for light and gas sensors, also comes with a customized mounting panel, suitable for pole and wall installation.
- Powered by Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040: Take advantage of the powerful Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 dual-core ARM M0+ processor and vast open-source resources to customize your own sensor. Easily upload code via USB-C port.
SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder has Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 as the dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, and has one Grove and one RS485 connector, enabling developers to connect with 500+ Grove sensors and various MODBUS RS485 sensors to develop custom industrial-grade MODBUS RS485 sensors for various IoT applications.
For the LoRaWAN application, developers could easily connect it with a SenseCAP LoRaWAN Data Logger(*Grove sensors and data logger are not included in the product, learn more on the bundle kit here) to transfer the data to SenseCAP Cloud, which only takes a 5-minute simple BLE configuration in SenseCAP Mate App. Clear data results and further analysis could be easily obtained from SenseCAP Dashboard and SenseCAP Mate App. IoT platforms such as Helium, TTN, LORIOT, etc. are also supported.
The product comes with an IP66 industrial-grade enclosure, mounting pads, and screws set, which enables you to deploy the sensor outdoors easily and safely.
Assemble a Ready-to-deploy SenseCAP outdoor LoRaWAN sensor
Assemble the SenseCAP S2110 with one of the six Grove sensors supported in the native firmware, and connect to a SenseCAP Data Logger via RS-485, then you will have a ready-to-deploy SenseCAP outdoor LoRaWAN sensor. (Check the guidance)
Customize an industrial-grade MODBUS RS485 LoRaWAN sensor
Assemble a Grove sensor or a MODBUS RS485 sensor to the SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder to get an industrial-grade MODBUS RS485 sensor. And developers could:
- Develop a customized SenseCAP outdoor LoRaWAN sensor. Develop the customized firmware and connect it to the SenseCAP Data Logger to get a SenseCAP Outdoor LoRaWAN Sensor for special applications. (Check the guidance)
- Develop a customized sensor for a third-party IoT platform. Develop the customized firmware and connect it to a third-party data logger that enables data transmission to the IoT platform.
Build a sensor prototype and read sensor data through the serial monitor
Choose a SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder to connect to the SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder, obtain sensor data and test the sensor through the serial monitor while connected via USB. (Check the guidance)
SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder builds the bridge between Grove and industrial-grade Sensor. It makes up for the defects of insufficient sensor types and the high cost of existing industrial-grade IoT sensors. It enables developers to build their own MODBUS RS485 sensors according to a specific IoT application. It also builds the hardware bridge for developers to quickly connect the Grove sensors to the SenseCAP Cloud and build IoT applications at a low cost.
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart Buildings & Cities
- Smart Industrial Control
- Ofﬁce/Home Monitoring
- Environmental Protection
- Other Wireless Sensing Applications
Twelve Grove Sensors Supported by Native Firmware:
- Grove - Temperature and Barometer Sensor (BMP280)
- Grove - Oxygen Sensor (MIX8410)
- Grove - CO2 & Temperature & Humidity Sensor - SCD41
- Grove - Sunlight sensor - SI1151
- Grove - Light Sensor v1.2 - LS06-S phototransistor
- Grove - Flame Sensor
- Grove - Gas Sensor (BME680)
- Grove - Multichannel Gas Sensor v2
- Grove - TDS Sensor/Meter For Water Quality (Total Dissolved Solids)
- Grove – UV Sensor
- Grove - Ultrasonic Ranger
- Grove - Turbidity Sensor
If you would like to Build LoRaWAN sensor with the Grove sensors which are not currently supported in the above list, or build with hird party sensors with Grove or RS485 connector, please refer to the guidence here
SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder
*SenseCAP S2100 LoRaWAN Data Logger and Grove Sensor are not included in this product. Please check the bundle page here if you want to purchase a bundle.
About "IoT into the Wild"
The theme of Seeed's new product launch in 2022 is "IoT into the Wild". Check low-power sensors to ultra-long-range gateways fully featuring Edge AI and LoRaWAN.
【About SenseCAP】Among the first launch of the Seeed industrial IoT (IIoT) product series, SenseCAP focuses on wireless environmental sensing applications: smart agriculture, precision farming, and smart city, to name a few. It consists of hardware products (sensors, data loggers & gateways, etc.), software services (SenseCAP portal, mobile App, open dashboard), and an API for device & data management.
1. Is the LoRaWAN network coverage necessary when using the SenseCAP S2110?
If you want to build a LoRaWAN sensor with SenseCAP S2110, ideally, yes. LoRaWAN enables your solutions with ultra-low power consumption and wide-range transmission. When connecting with the SenseCAP S2100 Data Logger, this device can be connected to the local LoRaWAN network if there's network coverage nearby. Also, you can manage to a build LoRaWAN network on your own by deploying LoRaWAN gateways. (Check SenseCAP LoRaWAN gateways)
2. What APP can be used when binding the SenseCAP S2110 and managing the device?
The SenseCAP Mate can be used to bind the gateway to the SenseCAP Cloud and manage the device. It is a powerful tool for the usage of the SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder. You can download the APP here: 1. iOS; 2. Google Play; 3. App Center
This product was previously known as SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter. There is an update on the product name on March 28, 2023. The new product name is SenseCAP S2110 Sensor Builder. Please check here for the Product Name Change Notice.
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
SHARED BY USERS
from order viewExcellent delivery and good documentation