Maker’s Asylum is a community space focused on fostering innovation through hands-on learning. The space houses various labs that are co-located in order to facilitate prototyping of ideas that are interdisciplinary in nature.
Maker’s Asylum has been running a project-based experiential learning program called STEAM School for the past 2 years. The program brings together various stakeholders, including entrepreneurs, students, universities and corporate organizations to work on solving problems that align with United Nations Sustainability Development Goals.
The program provides:
- A 10 days comprehensive global learning experience specially curated for the participants
- An insight into the process of Design –> Jugaad (Frugal Innovation) –> Learn –> Prototype –> Make –> Break –> Create
- Problem-solving focused on UN-SDGs for corporate organizations, government agencies, innovation verticals of organizations
- Talent pool scouting for the educational/corporate partners
- Post-program incubation of solutions for participants (in case your project gets picked)
- Networking roundtables and white papers
- Impact stories tracking and support
- Demo Day
This year the STEAM School Mumbai will focus on the following 5 global goals:
- SDG#3 – Good Health & Well-being
- SDG#4 – Quality Education
- SDG#6 – Clean Water & Sanitation
- SDG#7 – Affordable & Clean Energy
- SDG#11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities
This year STEAM School Mumbai will have participants from the CRI, IMT, EMLYON Business School, NMIMS School of Design and more universities to join in Mumbai for the 10-day event and work on solutions of the sustainable goals mentioned above. And Seeed Ranger Jean Noël, CEO & CTO of will participate in this program as a mentor as well.
If you have ideas/solutions for the above-mentioned global goals, or if you have skills to contribute in this program, or if you are interested in this program and the sustainable development goals, welcome to join this year’s STEAM School Mumbai in December 2018!
Apply NOW via this link. The application will be closed on October 16th, 2018. Seize the opportunity and join the global experiential learning program in India!