This is product is no longer for sale, it has been replaced with Twig - 3-axis Compass.
The 2-axis compass module integrates HMC6352 two-axis magnetic sensor with the required external circuits for heading computation. For the ultimate in electronic functionality, this innovative electronic compass provides an electronic compass function using two-axis magnetic field sensing. To speed your design cycle, the HMC6352 is easy to use as a drop in, plug and play component.
The 2-axis compass Module combines the sensor elements and all the processing electronics in a 6.5mm square package to satisfy smaller, next generation applications. Aimed for low power battery operation on OEM printed circuit boards, the HMC6352 uses a I2C digital interface slaved to the manufacturer's microprocessor to transfer compass heading data. Heading update rates from 1 to 20Hz are selectable.
Technology and Product Features
* 2-Axis Magnetic Sensors with Electronics and Microprocessor
* Fully Integrated Compassing Solution
* Integrated Compassing Algorithms and Calibration Routines
* Miniature (6.5 by 6.5 by 1.4mm) 24-Pin LCC Package
* 2.7 to 5.2 volt Supply Range (Good for Low Power Battery Operation on OEM PCBs)
* I2C Digital Interface
* User Selectable Slave Address Permits Multiple Sensors on Bus Interface
* Drop-in, plug and play feature Allows for more High volume production
Typical Customer Applications
* General 2-axis compass applications
* Compassing in GPS applications
* Personal Navigation
* Vehicle Telematics
* Satellite Dish Antenna Positioning
* Wireless Phones with Compassing
Your label vcc,gnd,scl,sda seems wrong, sda,scl,gnd,vcc is corret.
Yes you can connect via smart phone with it. One is master one is slave.
No data sheet and example code
It is Bluetooth Class 2 power, which means it should be good up to 10 meters, but your results may vary depending on environment.
Free shipping on your first order over $50 or more. Discounted items included!