BLE Nano is the smallest Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (BLE) development board in the market. The core is Nordic nRF51822 (an ARM Cortex-M0 SoC plus BLE capability) running at 16MHz with ultra low power consumption.
Developing a Bluetooth Smart enabled 'appcessory' (accessory device + companion application) is easier than ever. You can quickly produce protypes and demos target for Internet of Things (IoT) and other interesting projects. BLE Nano could operate under 1.8V to 3.3V, therefore it works with a lot of electronic components.
- Smallest BLE development board, only 18.5mm x 21.0mm
- Nordic nRF51822 SoCsupports both BLE Central and BLE Peripheral roles
- Ultra low power consumption
- Support voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Software development using mbed.org, GCC, Keil or Arduino
- Lots of libraries and examples available
- Easy firmware deployment with our MK20 USB board
- Work with our free Android AppandiOS App
Current supported BLE central devices:
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 & 6 (all models)
- iPod touch 5
- iPad 3/4/mini/Air
Android 4.3 or above (4.4 recommended for stability) with Bluetooth 4.0 hardware support
Windows 8.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
Mac OSX 10.9.2 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
Linux with BlueZ 5.1 with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 or USB dongle
There are three options to program your BLE Nano with MK20 USB Board.
Nordic nRF51822 BLE SDK
If you want the full power of nRF51822, you should use Nordic nRF51822 BLE SDK, we provide a product key for all registered users* of our BLE Nano to download the SDK.
mbed's Bluetooth Low Energy API
Arduino Library for nRF51822
We have developed an Arduino library for nRF51822 which will be open-sourced and publicly available in the future; it is still at pre-release stage but we invite all interested registered users* of our BLE Nano to access the pre-release library. Please refer to our "Getting Started with nRF51822" guide for more details.
* You will find a product registration card inside the BLE Nano box with the instruction on how to register.
For any technical support or suggestion, please kindly go to our forum.