Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor(VL53L0X) - (ToF) laser-ranging module,Long Range Precision ranging
Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor-VL53L0X is a high speed, high accuracy and long-range ToF distance sensor based on VL53L0X.
- 10+: $5.80
Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor - VL53L0X is a high-speed, high-accuracy and long-range ToF distance sensor based on VL53L0X.
- Fully integrated miniature module
- 940 nm laser VCSEL
- VCSEL driver
- Ranging sensor with an advanced embedded microcontroller
- Fast, accurate distance ranging
- Measures absolute range up to 2 m
- The reported range is independent of the target reflectance
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Eye safe
- Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd edition
- Easy integration
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Programmable I2C address
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances, unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, and opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second generation Flight SenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940 nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer-ranging distances, higher immunity to ambient light, and better robustness to cover glass optical crosstalk.
What is Grove?
Grove makes it easier to connect, experiment, and simplify the prototyping process. No jumpers or soldering are required. Not only are these open hardware, but we also have open-source software.
We have developed more than 400 Grove modules, covering a wide range of applications that can fulfil various needs. Click to explore the Grove Sensor family and get started to Grove your Idea. For all Grove users (especially beginners), we provide you with guidance PDF documents. Please download and read through Preface - Getting Started and Introduction to Grove before your use of the product.
Check our blog What is a Time of Flight Sensor and How does a ToF Sensor work? to learn more about the technical principles of Time of Flight (ToF) and sensors.
- User detection for personal computers/laptops/tablets and IoT (energy saving)
- Obstacle detection with Robots (Robotics)
- White goods (hand detection in automatic faucets, soap dispensers, etc.)
- 1D gesture recognition
- Laser-assisted autofocus. Enhances and speeds up camera autofocus system performance, especially in difficult scenes (low light levels, low contrast) or fast-moving video mode
|Dimensions||20mm x20mm x11mm|
|Working temperature||-20℃ - 70℃|
|Recommed measure distance||30mm-1000mm|
|Infrared emitter||940 nm|
|Default IIC Address||0x52|
|Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor 30 to 1000mm(VL53L0X)||1|
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
SHARED BY USERS
from order viewpretty handy tool for checking short distances.
I use this for a drone. The small size makes it easy for distance tracking and it is reasonable accurate.
from order viewGreat Quality
from order viewIn general I like the Seeed products. They make it easier to tinker. It is hard to rate the shipping with current issues in world etc. as a bit slow but I did know it was it was out of stock up front. This particular shipment I got solely to run through the training / education on the seeed site.
from order viewThis user did not leave any comments.
from order viewThis user did not leave any comments