The AirBoard is a wireless, modular and ultra low-power prototyping platform for the Internet of Things, designed to explore, hack and deploy your killer idea out in the field.
The AirBoard comes with a built-in battery.
The AirBoard has been designed to be wirelessly reprogrammable. The microUSB connector is used for battery charging only. To upload a new program, you will need additional wireless shields such as XBee or BLE and their associated USB dongle, or an external serial connection over FTDI.
- Go wireless
- Explore the hotest wireless technologies today: with its popular Bee form factor, the AirBoard features a socket for XBee, Bluetooth, BLE and WiFi wireless shields, as well as the recent GSM/GPRS, SIGFOX and LoRa WAN long range IoT modules. Simply swap the radio for instant communication and WPAN Over-The-Air Programming.
- Iterate quickly
- The AirBoard was designed with productivity in mind. Design and iterate quickly with the built-in open solderless breadboard. Only Arduino’s most popular I/Os are exposed, in order to lower the cognitive barrier and encourage the highest experiment turnover. Snap in hundreds of sensors and experiment a whole library of interactions in just seconds.
- Deploy your device in the field
- Beyond the Internet of Things, ubiquitous devices require efficient Power and Data Management strategies to become truly autonomous.
- Ultra Power Efficient
- Forget about your sensors with the built-in battery and Power Management System. The AirBoard is designed for ultra low-power applications, yet capable to drive long range wireless shields. It offers an ultra-low power sleep mode with switchable radio for most efficient communication strategy.
- Your first sketch in seconds
- Start programming straight from the box with this superb web IDE by codebender. All required libraries and quick start source codes have been installed already. And with the pre-loaded Arduino Fio bootloader, you can also use the Arduino IDE. So why don’t you wait and start sketching now!
- Make your own App
- It’s no longer needed to be an expert in programming to build pretty AND functional Graphical User Interfaces. Have fun interacting with your tangible hardware right away! Just drag and drop a whole library of widgets to build your own mobile app. remotexy and Blynk work seamlessly with the AirBoard and are great examples of bringing rapid prototyping to everyone.
Size and Weight
- • 41x25x9mm
- • Weight, including battery: 10g
Native Arduino Processor
- • Arduino compatible
- • ATmega328P processor @ 8MHz
- • Pre-loaded Arduino Fio bootloader
- • Arduino IDE support
- • codebender web IDE support
Open solderless breadboard and socket headers
- • 7x GPIO, I2C, SPI, 2x 10-bit ADC, 3x PWM
- • 5VUSB/500mA, 3.3V/200mA power outputs
- • Up to 18x GPIOs, 6x 10-bit analog inputs or 6x PWMs
Bright RGB LED
- • RGB LED, up to 2240mcd, 120° viewing angle
- • « Bee » socket form factor
- • Wireless support: XBee, Bluetooth 2.1, Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0, WiFi,GSM/GPRS, SIGFOX, LoRa WAN
- • 2-channel Over-The-Air Programming (OTAP)
- • 5-second programming via XBee, Bluetooth, WiFi
Ultra Low Power Management System
- • 155mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- • 1A switchable RF LDO
- • 330nA system deep sleep
- • Autonomy in sleep mode: 2-3 years
- • Autonomy in communication: 6 months (XBee 1 data/minute)
Built-in battery charger
- • 1-cell Li-ion USB charger
- • Battery Over Current, Charge & Discharge protect
- • Battery level indicator, charge status, USB voltage monitor
- • Charge time: 1.5 hours
- • 1 x airboard
- • 1 x Lipo battery