Wio RP2040 Module - Build-in Wireless 2.4G
The shipping date is not determined as depends on the availability of RP2040 module which is expected to be ready in September.
This module is suitable for the mass development of products. If you need the prototyping development board, please use Wio RP2040 Mini Dev Board.
Seeed Fusion offers PCB/ PCBA manufacture for custom designs based on Wio RP2040. Get instant online quoting and fast delivery, and now, Seeed is providing 5 modules free with designs made with Seeed Fusion PCBA. Click here to apply now!
- Powerful CPU: dual-core 133MHZ RP2040 processor and 264KB SRAM, 2MB Flash
- Reliable wireless connection: using powerful ESP8285 wifi chip, supporting 2.4~2.4835 GHz frequency and Ap&Station mode
- Flexibility: compatible with Thonny editor
- Extremely compact size: 18.0x 28.2x 1.0mm 32 pins SMT
- Multiple certifications: FCC and CE Certified
Wio RP2040 module is designed with the RP2040 + ESP8285 wifi chip. The onboard wifi chip can provide stable wireless functions. The module supports the Thonny code editor used by Raspberry Pi Pico. With a few simple lines of code, you can upgrade your original Pico project to Pico IOT project! And the module adopts the stamp hole package form and small size, you can solder the module on various PCB boards more conveniently.
In addition to the RP2040 + ESP8285 wifi chip combination, the board has rich interfaces, including 32 GPIO PINs (20 PINs support PIO and PWM), 2 UART, 4 ADC, 2 SPI, 2 I2C. Some pins can be multiplexed, such as GP12 and GP13 with I2C, SPI, UART functions. This is why 28 GPIO PINs can achieve more I/O PINs and interfaces. The Wio RP2040 module also has a USB PIN, which can be designed and connected to the USB interface.
The Wio RP2040 module is fully compatible with Thonny code editor, which means that you do not need professional electronic engineering related knowledge, and you can control hardware devices just by using a simple MicroPython language!
Hey community, we've set up a #tinyml channel on our Discord server, please click to join for 24/7/365 making, sharing, discussing and helping each other out.
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 32-bit Cortex M0+ dual-core, flexible clock running up to 133Mhz
- 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- 2.4GHz Wireless connectivity
- Support IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Support 2.4 ~ 2.4835 GHz
- Support Ap & Station mode
- Support for user-programmable GPIO control
- VIN: 5V~3.6V
- Onboard PCB antenna
- Small size 18.0x 28.2x 1.0mm
- Supported programming languages
- Various Pico projects with wireless functions
- Wireless control, smart home
- Smart Toys
There is great C/C++ support, an official MicroPython port, and a Seeedstudio Wio RP2040 Module MicroPython UF2 file! We of course recommend our custom Wio RP2040 Module MicroPython UF2 because we think it's the easiest way to get started and it has support with wireless drivers, network, usocket, MQTT, supported out of the box so you can follow along with our projects and tutorials.
The GPIO pins are programmable so you can reconfigure the pins! Check out the P2040 datasheet for more information on the GPIO functionality.