The WunderBar Internet of Things WiFi & Bluetooth Sensor Starter Kit is a quick start development tool for Software Application Developers unfamiliar with complex wireless hardware designing, and a complete open-source wireless hardware reference design that enables Hardware Design Engineers with a out-of-the-box development tool that helps users get started quickly building, inventing, developing, and experimenting with Internet of Things senor based designs using WiFi and BLE senor applications.
The WunderBar IoT Starter Kit from relayr mimics the appearance of a chocolate bar with a WiFi enabled master module, plus six detachable smart sensor mini-modules. Each module has Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), a sensor or actuator, and an on-board battery. The mini-modules provide functionality including light, color, distance, noise, temperature and humidity sensing, plus an accelerometer, a gyroscope and infra-red (IR) remote control capability. The Starter Kit has available for download various software development kits (SDKs) for iOS, Android and Node.js. including test Apps which can be downloaded from relayr.io
• Work right way
Each module is fitted with firmware that makes it fully functional from the start. Yet it's flexible enough to allow you to configure it for your App.
• Fast and secure
Based on core technologies developed by Twitter, LinkedIn and Yahoo, the Wunderbar kit and Cloud constitute a fast, secure and scalable system.
Each sensor module runs on a single coin cell battery that will last for at least a month. It's because of the way the firmware utilizes the BLE transmitter.
• Main MCU: Freescale MK24FN1M0VDC12, Kinetis-K 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4 core with DSP instructions
• Clock Speed: 120MHz
• Flash: 1024 KB
• SRAM: 250 KB
• Gainspan GS1500M WiFi module: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, WPA/WPA2, full TCP/IP stack including SSL/TLS Nordic nRF51822 BLE (ARM® Cortex™-M0, Bluetooth 4.0 stack)
• IO: 12 exposed GPIO pads, including 4 ADC, SPI, I2C and SDIO
• 3.3V regulator including Li-Ion/Li-Po charger
• Full-speed USB w/OTG controller
• 32 kHz Xtal oscillator for RTC
• SoC: Nordic nRF51822 BLE (ARM® Cortex™-M0, Bluetooth 4.0 stack)
• Clock Speed: 16MHz
• RAM: 16 KB
• Flash: 256 KB
• IO: 8 exposed GPIO pads, including SPI, I2C, TWI, UART, ADC
• 32 kHz Xtal oscillator
• One of the following sensors:
• Temp / Humidity – Features HTU21D, a low power digital sensor of relative humidity and temperature.
• Accel & Gyro - Features MPU-6500 six-axis (gyro + accelerometer) MEMS MotionTracking device.
• Light / Proximity - Features TCS37717 high sensitivity RGB color sensing and proximity detector.
• IR Transmitter - Features SFH4441 high power infrared emitter, 950 nm, special package, half angle ±17 °.
• Microphone / Noise Sensor - Features SPQ0410HR5H-B, a miniature, high-performance, low power silicon microphone.
• Accessory Adapter / Bridge - Features 4-pin connector compatible for Grove add-on boards and sensors.
Dimensions: 18.6 x 29 x 6.8 mm
1 bar of chocolate casing + 1 circuit board + 5 cell batteries + 1 lithium battery + 1 USB cable + tacky tape
Getting Started with Wunder Bar
Install the relayr Manager App on your smartphone:
Download the SDK for your platform
If you have any questions, please visit relayr forum.
Enjoy $15 off on your first order over $50 or more. Discounted items included!