MIO Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit with Expansion Board, M5S I/O modules and PLC – Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3
MIO Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit is a modular expansion board that is compatible with Raspberry Pi 3. The I/O ports of the motherboard are led to the expansion board for unified layout with the addition of 4 M5S modular components out of the box.
- 5+: $12.40
- 10+: $11.90
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3
- M5S I/O modules to extend more functionality
- Screw terminals for external switching and supply voltage (e.g. 24V DC)
- Configuration and pin assignment via jumpers or cables
MIO Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit is a modular expansion board that is compatible with Raspberry Pi 3. The I/O ports of the motherboard are led to the expansion board for unified layout with the addition of four M5S modular components out of the box.
M5S modular components are components with integrated circuits aiming at versatile operation in industrial systems like regulators or programmable logic controllers. The modules are a connecting element between electronics on one side as well as the world of industrial control on the other side. The modules are completely sealed, waterproof, fireproof, and dustproof. A universal wiring diagram allows all M5S I/O modules to be interchangeable without the need to change the internal or external wiring.
This kit supports a total of eight M5S modular components and comes with four M5s modular components. Smart Relay module, switching value modules, analog quantity modules, pulsed quantity modules can be freely selected according to the characteristics of the development board for users to access/drive peripheral devices.
By plugging different M5S modules, customer-specific input/output configurations can be achieved as well as the addition of functions to already rolled-out devices.
- 1. External supply M5S module no. 7 pin power (V+)
- 2. Signal input/output outlets for external devices (pin 8 for each M5S)
- 3. Internal/external supply M5S module no. 6 pin power (V-)
- 4. Connect external circuit to internal power supply (0V common)
- 5. Pin 1 (access control signal) corresponding to 8 M5S modules
- 6. Connector field
- G：Internal power supply (public land V-)
- V：Internal power supply (V+)
- S：Signal pin of Raspberry Pi
- 7. Connect the voltage of Raspberry Pi to the 3 pins of all M5S modules (M5S power supply):
- -Pin 1~2: 3.3V
- -Pin 2~3: 5V(should not be used!)
- 8. Connect external circuit to internal power (5V) (CAUTION, only for external voltage 5 V!)
1. The standard M5S-BID0524B1 module does not have the pull resistance function. If you want to
have a strong driving ability, it is recommended to choose the module with the pull resistance
internally, otherwise, you must design the driver program in the chip.
2. When the source module is not switched on, it is low; when switched on, it is high. Therefore, it is
recommended to select the source type module (such as BID.xx. yyy.B1) for external drive with high
Conversely, the leakage module is high when not switched on, and low when switched on. Therefore,
it is recommended to choose a leaky module (such as BID.xx. yyy.A1) for an external drive with low
- 1x MIO-Raspberry Pi 3 Expansion Board
- 1 x M5S-BID0324B1
- 2 x M5S-BOT03750D1b
- 1 x M5S-AOA03020D3Ab
- 9 x Original Jumper Cap
- 1 x Original Tweezers (for pulling out M5S parts)
- 8 x Original jumper