At Seeed, we provide a lot of temperature and humidity sensors based on different chips such as DHT11, DHT22, and BME280.
In the blog 9 Types of Temperature Sensors You Should Know, we introduced:
- AHT20 (new release)
Today we bring you the brand new chip called AHT20, an industrial-grade and high-accuracy temperature and humidity sensor with the I2C interface.
Update: Release of Grove – AHT20 I2C Industrial Grade Temperature and Humidity Sensor
Grove AHT20 Temperature and Humidity sensor is based on AHT20, a new generation of temperature and humidity sensor embedded with a dual-row flat and no-lead SMD package, suitable for the reflow soldering. AHT20 is equipped with a newly designed ASIC chip: an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensor, and a standard on-chip temperature sensor. The output is the I2C protocol with the Grove interface.
|Temperature Range||-40 – 85℃|
|Humidity Range||± 2% RH (25 ℃)|
|Temperature accuracy||± 0.3 ℃|
Let’s also take a look at the Speed of Seeed! How fast Seeed can be? Only 3 days!
- 15:00, March 2nd, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Aosong announced AHT20
- 20:00, March 2nd, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed finished the design of Grove – AHT20 I2C Industrial grade temperature and humidity sensor
- 22:00, March 2nd, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed published this blog to call for ideas regarding the new Grove products.
- 15:00, March 5th, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed finished the first prototype and validation
- 20:00, March 5th, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed finished the document and library.
- 22:00, March 5th, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed launched pre-order on its official website and accepts orders from distributors all over the world
At Seeed, we always carefully listen to the community and take action in a fast way. Please don’t hesitate to let us know your thoughts!
What is AHT20？
AHT20 is a new generation of temperature and humidity sensor:
- Embedded a dual-row flat and no-lead SMD package, suitable for the reflow soldering.
- With a bottom surface of 3 x 3mm and a height of 1.0mm.
- Outputs digital signal in the standard I²C format.
The AHT20 is equipped with a newly designed ASIC chip: an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensor, and a standard on-chip temperature sensor.
The performance of AHT20 has been greatly improved compared with the previous generation of humidity and temperature sensors. The performance of the new-generation temperature and humidity sensor is more stable in harsh environments.
• Digital output, I2C interface
• Excellent long-term stability
• SMD package suitable for reflow soldering
• Quick response and strong anti-interference ability
- Operating Voltage: DC:2.0-5.5V
- Measuring Range (humidity) 0 ~ 100% RH
- Temperature Range: -40 ~ + 85 ℃
- Humidity Accuracy: ± 2% RH (25 ℃)
- Temperature Accuracy ± 0.3 ℃
- Resolution: Temperature: 0.01 ℃, Humidity: 0.024% RH
- Output Signal: I²C
We are going to release new Grove temperature and humidity sensors soon in a preview below. We hope our new product will help your environmental projects! Let us know your thoughts, we will carefully listen to and take action!