ODYSSEY-X86J4125: ODYSSEY-X86 Series is Updated with the Intel Celeron J4125 SoC
The ODYSSEY-X86J4125 series is Seeed’s very own single-board computer (SBC) that runs on the Intel Celeron J4105 with the powerful x86 computing architecture. Paired with a Microchip SAMD21 microcontroller co-processor and equipped with Raspberry Pi headers, the ODYSSEY-X86 can be used as a desktop mini-PC as well as in virtually any edge computing purpose!
At launch, the original ODYSSEY-X86J4105 received massive support from the community for its powerful computing capabilities, rich communication interfaces and diverse software compatibility, recognizing its goal of being the most expandable and versatile SBC!
Update to Intel Celeron J4125 SoC
Since the Intel Celeron J4105 quad-core Gemini Lake processor has been scheduled for discontinuance in 2021, we are happy to announce that the ODYSSEY-x86J4105 SBC series will be replaced with an updated version, sporting the newer and more powerful Intel Celeron J4125 – the ODYSSEY-x86J4125800!
While the original J4105 SoC was clocked at a frequency of 1.5 GHz (base clock) and 2.5 GHz (turbo), the newer Celeron J4125 is clocked at 2.0 / 2.7 GHz, which is expected to deliver even better computing performance than before. Meanwhile, the other features of the ODYSSEY-x86J4125 will stay unchanged, allowing you to take advantage of the same, diverse range of peripherals like before.
The updated complete specifications of the ODYSSEY-x86J4125800 are as follows:
- Intel Celeron J4125 Quad-Core processor @ 2.0 / 2.7 GHz (Turbo) / 2.4 GHz (Turbo all cores)
- Intel UHD Graphics 600 @ 250/750 MHz; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage Options
- Optional 128GB M.2 SATA SSD (fitted to ODYSSEY Blue mini PC)
- 1x SATA III data connector & 3x SATA power headers
- Micro SD card socket
- Coprocessor – Microchip ATSAMD21G18 32-bit Arm Cortex M0+ MCU
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4K (4096×2160) @ 60 Hz
- DisplayPort 1.2 up to 4K (4096×2160) @ 60 Hz
- Audio – HDMI; microphone + headphone combo connector; front panel audio connector
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I211AT PCIe Gigabit controller; Wake-on-LAN and PXE support
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac GHz HT160 & Bluetooth 5.0
- Optional 3G/4G cellular connectivity via M.2 card and on-board SIM card socket
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 1x USB 3.1 Type-A port, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C port
- 40-Pin header compatible with Raspberry Pi
- 28-pin header connected to SAMD21G18
- M.2 Key B 2242/2280 socket with SATA III, USB2.0, UIM
- M.2 Key M, 2242/2280 socket with PCIe 2.0 ×4;
- Security – Built-in TPM 2.0 chip
- Debugging – 4-pin UART header for SAMD21G18
- Misc – 4-pin header for PWM fan,4-pin header for power and switch, JST header for RTC battery
- Power Supply (12-19V via DC Jack 5.5/2.1mm OR 5-12V via USB-C port (USB PD support))
- Certifications – FCC, CE
Highly Compatible, Just like Before
The new ODYSSEY-x86J4125800 series works seamlessly with all the accessories that you love, including the Re_Computer Case.
Order Online Today!
The ODYSSEY-x86J4125800 comes with multiple storage options such as this option that comes with a 128GB external SSD.
Pick one up for yourself right now by pre ordering from the Seeed Online Store!