Grove - I2C Motor Driver (L298P)
Grove - I2C Motor Driver(L298P) is a common-use motor driver for stepping motor and servo motor. It embeds an STM32 chip for burning the code to control the motor driver.
- 10+: $13.00
- MCU: STM32f030f4P6 microcontroller for burning the code and control the Motor Driver.
- L298P Motor driver chip: common use for a motor driver and can drive stepping motor and servo motor.
- Selectable I2C address: change the connection of wire hat to get the I2C address from 0x00 to 0x0f, the default I2C address is 0x0f.
- 2-channel output: able to support 1A current on each channel, max 2A current; Need 6V-12V DC voltage input.
- User LED: green LED on for the clockwise direction and red LED on for the anti-clockwise direction for each channel.
Grove - I2C Motor Driver(L298P) is a common-use motor driver for stepping motor and servo motor. It embeds an STM32 chip for burning the code to control the motor driver. This is a 2-channel motor driver, each channel can support up to 1A current. You can also use the I2C interface to transmit data from the peripheral microcontroller. The default I2C address is 0x0f and you are able to change the address of Motor driver by connecting the I2C wire hat. The I2C address is selectable from 0x00 to 0X0f.
L298P needs to be powered by a 6-12V VSS DC voltage and 5V VS DC voltage. As a matter of fact, the motor driver needs to be powered by 6V-12V DC voltage, also this DC voltage input cannot be above 15V.
|Default 0x0f, can be changed by connecting the wire hat
|MAX 2A, 1A for each channel
What is L298?
L298 is a high voltage and high current motor driver chip which receives TTL logic signals. They are mostly used when it is needed to operate different loads like motors and solenoids etc where an H-Bridge is required. High power motor driver is required. The Control unit can only provide TTL outputs. Current control and PWM operable single-chip device are needed.
For more information about L298 and the related products, please view the blog "L298 – All about L298 Motor Driver".
|DC voltage input
|MAX Current output for each channel
|Grove - I2C Motor Driver (TB6612FNG)
|2.5 ~ 13.5 (5V Typical, 15V Max.)
|1.2 A(ave)/3.2 A (peak)
|L298 Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver
|Grove - I2C Mini Motor Driver
|2.75V - 6.8V
|Grove - I2C Motor Driver with L298
|6V - 15V
|Grove - I2C Motor Driver (L298P)
|6V - 15V
- 1 x Grove - I2C Motor Driver (L298P)
- 1 x Grove cable