The Grove - Light & Color & proximity sensor is TMG39931 based product, which features advanced detection, Proximity detection, Digital Ambient Light Sense(ALS), Color Sense(RGBC), and optical pattern generation/transmission for broadcast. This four-in-one sensor allows you to collect the data from ambient environmet and ntransfers over the I2C bus.
We've Released the Grove Selection Guide and hope to help you find the Grove suit you best.
- Single device integrated optical solution
- Ambient light sensing
- UV and IR blocking filters
- Complex sensing
- Ideal for operation behind dark glass - High sensitivity
- Proximity detection
- Barcode pattern generation and transmission
- Dual use of a single internal LED
- Trimmed to provide consistent reading
- Color Sense
- Ambient Light Sensing
- Cell Phone Touch Screen Disable
- Mechanical Switch Replacement
- Printed Bar Code Emulation
detection utilizes four directional photodiodes to sense reflected IR energy (sourced by the integrated LED) to convert physical motion information to a digital information.
The proximity detection features provides object detection by photodiode detection of reflected IR energy(Sourced by the integrated LED).
Digital Ambient Light Sense & Color Sense
The Color and ALS detection feature provides red, green, blue and clear light intensity data. Each of the R, G, B, C channels have a UV and IR blocking filter and a dedicated data converter producing16-bit data simultaneously. This architecture allows applications to accurately measure ambient light and sense color which enables devices to calculate illuminance and color temperature, control display backlight, and chromaticity.