Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
The Raspberry Pi PoE(Power over Ethernet) HAT is a small accessory for the Raspberry Pi computer. It can be used with the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. The PoE HAT allows you to power your Raspberry Pi using Power over Ethernet–enabled networks; for this product to be used, the network it is connected to needs to have power-sourcing equipment installed.
POE (Power Over Ethernet) refers to the ability to provide DC power for IP-based network devices while transmitting data signals at the same time without affecting the standard Ethernet cabling infrastructure.
Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
37–57V DC, Class 2 device
5V/2.5A DC output
25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
Other hardware needed：
A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ or Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
An Ethernet cable
Power-sourcing equipment for an 802.3af Power over Ethernet network
The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
For all compliance certificates and numbers, please visit www.raspberrypi.org/compliance.
Shall only be powered using 802.3af-compliant power sourcing equipment; any external power supply used with the Raspberry Pi shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use
Should be operated in a well-ventilated environment, and should not be covered
Should be placed on a stable, flat, non-conductive surface while in use, and should not be contacted by conductive items
Instructions for safe use
To avoid malfunction or damage to your Raspberry Pi product, please observe the following advice:
- Do not block or obstruct the fan
- Do not insert anything into the fan at any time
- Do not expose the product to water or moisture, and do not place it on a conductive surface whilst it is in operation
- Do not expose it to heat from any source; the product is designed for reliable operation at normal room temperatures
- Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors
- Avoid handling the Raspberry Pi while it is connected to a power outlet; only handle by the edges to minimize the risk of electrostatic discharge damage
- All other peripherals used with the Raspberry Pi should comply with relevant standards for the country of use and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance requirements are met; these peripherals include but are not limited to, keyboards, monitors, and mice used in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi
Also, check our blog Raspberry Pi HATs & Shields You Should Try to explore more HATs for your projects!
|Dimensions||65mm x56.5mm x20mm|
|Raspberry Pi PoE HAT||1|