The following content is written by Dave Glover, Microsoft Cloud Developer Advocate. Feel free to follow him on Twitter @dglover
IoT security is a critical challenge touching every aspect of our lives. Security is complex, expensive, and ever-changing as hackers become more cunning. Azure Sphere builds on decades of Microsoft and industry security experience with a unique blend of hardware, device and cloud services that enables you to create “Secure by default” IoT solutions.
The Azure Sphere Developer Learning Path is a series of labs designed to ease you into the world of Azure Sphere development with the Seeed Studio Azure Sphere development boards. The labs cover Azure Sphere security concepts, secure bi-directional cloud communications, how to integrate FreeRTOS Real-Time applications with the Azure, and over the air updates, with more labs to follow.
These labs include several libraries used to abstract underlying complexity allowing you to focus on the problems you are trying to solve with cleaner and more manageable code. You are free to use these libraries in your projects and contribute back.
Start, or reignite your Azure Sphere development projects and learn how to build “Secure by Default” IoT solutions with the “Azure Sphere Developer Learning Path” labs.
- Lab 0: Introduction Azure Sphere and Lab Set Up
- Lab 1: Build your first Azure Sphere Application with Visual Studio
- Lab 2: Send Telemetry from an Azure Sphere to Azure IoT Central
- Lab 3: Control an Azure Sphere with Device Twins and Direct Methods
- Lab 4: Integrating FreeRTOS with Azure Sphere Inter-Core Messaging
- Lab 5: Integrating FreeRTOS with Azure IoT Central
- Lab 6: Over-the-air (OTA) Deployment
Learn more about “The Seven Properties of Highly Secure Devices.