BitWearable Kit - Smartwatch with Strap for Micro:bit
This kit includes a 22cm long, 20mm wide watch strap and a BitWear. You can easily turn your micro:bit into a real watch! How cool is that! The strap is easy to use, simply slide one end of it through the buckle of BitWear, connect the BitWear to your micro:bit with screws, then you can strap your 'BitWatch' on your wrist like a regular watch. Program your micro:bit using Microsoft Makecode to make it display time or customized images.
Designed for beginner users of the micro:bit, or those who just want to customise their smart watch. The BitWearable Kit includes the Bitwear, a functional expansion board for micro:bit especially for wearables as it includes all the common features you'd need in a variable within a compact size. Click here if you wish to purchase the BitWear individually. Students can use Microsoft's Makecode, an online graphical programming platform to write programs to customise the function of their micro:bit wearable with a handy strap band which you can use as a watch strap or arm band.
- Easy installation, screw into threaded nuts of the bitwear with the included screw driver
- Bitwear expansion board with compact design, same footprint as a microbit
- Adds commonly used wearable features like RGB LEDs, buzzer, and vibration motor, but also has expansion capabilities if you need it in your project
- Easy to source 3v button batteries for power supply, you can power it with one of two CR2032/CR2025/CR2020 batteries
- Includes on/off power switches and power indication lights
- Microsoft MakeCode Compatible ~ A Powerful Programming Platform: MakeCode is a widely-used graphical programming software which allows you to program the micro:bit. You can easily use it through a web browser.
- Supports mPython programming
- Professional and detailed teaching courses: whether you are an educator or home user, we provide course materials made just for the Bitwear for free. For more information, please visit make2learn
Bitwear expansion board with compact design
With the BitWear, students will develop open source hardware understanding as well as programming skills. Students must exercise creative thinking and use their hands as they design their own wearable, customising functions through graphical programming.
MakeCode for beginners：https://microbit.org/get-started/first-steps/set-up/
Microsoft MakeCode brings computer science to life for all students with fun projects, immediate code simulation results, and both block and text editors for learners at different levels. MakeCode aims at inspiring people to explore computer science and creative coding. Leaners can immediately start programming when logging in it and find the real-world applications of computer science.
Recommended Ages: All ages
Features: easy-to-use and user-friendly; supports programming on a wide range of hardware and has various tutorials and projects for users; supports translation between block-based code and a text based code.
Related Course Material
Make 2 Learn: https://make2learn.tinkergen.com
TinkerGen has created an online learning platform called Make2Learn which contains our own course materials for a wide range of STEAM educators and programming hobbyists. You can view online or download the included videos, lesson plans and source code once you activate a course
This product is suitable for:
Maker teachers / DIY hobbyists / primary, lower-high school students / micro:bit users/ homeschooling educators
Convert your microbit into a drowsiness detector. Wear it on your body, and if you accidentally fall asleep during class, it will play a melody to wake you up!
When you shake the microbit, the matrix with randomly choose to display scissors, rock or paper symbol so you can play with your friends!
Wear the micro:bit around your neck. If it detects that the brightness level is higher than 800, a smiley face will be displayed on the LEDs, else; there will be a crying face. The LED brightness can also be set to automatically adjust based on the environmental brightness.
Wear your BitWear on a run or while skipping, and press the A button to view the number of steps you have taken.
|1x||BitWear Expansion board||Screw driver||Nylon Strap|
Phillips round head screws M3x5mm
Working Voltage: 5V
Working Current: 1.5A (Max)
Power supply: one or two CR2032/CR2025/CR2020 batteries
ON/OFF Power switch with LED indicator
Built-in speaker for playing melody, vibration motor and addressable RGB LED
Broken out component holes for you to add additional modules
|Package Dimensions:||90(L) * 65 (W) * 24 (H) (mm)|
|Age for Use:||6+|