The L3D Cube is a 3D LED display that will blow your MIND! 512 RGB LEDs in a 8x8x8 array. Works out of the box. 100% open-source. Programmable over your home's wifi. Built-in microphone for INSANE music visualizations. This is the top selling 8x8x8 3D LED Cube kit in the world with an ever-expanding collection of 3D LED Cube apps at CubeTube.org.
• The L3D Cube is a full color 8x8x8 LED cube that shows brilliant images and animations in 3D.
• Easier to assemble than an Ikea shelf! Takes just 30 minutes, no soldering required.
• No programming required to get started -- just assemble and plug it in. Comes preloaded with our most popular visualizations.
• Once you're ready to start programming on the Cube, make new 3D apps in minutes using Processing or Arduino (a.k.a.Wiring).
• Create and share your own 3D Cube apps online at CubeTube.org with a click of a button.
All of the hardware & software is completely open source under a Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 2.5 license.
• Power: 5V 1A USB power can handle most applications on your Cube - so, this sucker can run off your computer, wall wart, or a battery pack. For super intense visualizations, we've also included a 2A adapter. 100VAC - 220VAC input (you will need to supply your own prong adapter if outside the US)
• 512 WS2812B RGB LEDs, 100% tested. We ship with a replacement reed of 8 LEDs, just in case.
• Comes with a Spark Photon for instant WiFi connectivity and blazing processor speeds.
• Arduino-compatiable -- includes headers for adding your favorite Arduino.
• Laser-cut acrylic housing.
• Built-in microphone and 3-axis accelerometer.
• Assembly instructions here.
• Product Weight: 1089.0 grams
• Product Dimensions: 25cm x 22cm x 7cm
Five ways to use your L3D Cube
• Plug it in, no setup! A standard set of visualizations will automatically start playing when you first plug in your cube. *NEW: you can control the visualizations by tilting your cube, thanks to the included accelerometer!
• Download new applicationsfromCubeTube wirelessly to your cube with the click of a button.
• Write your own programs for the Cube in Arduino language or Processing. The programs can be stored in the cube's memory or can be streamed to your cube from a computer over your WiFi network. Here's the definitive guide to programming in 3D in a cube.
• Connect together multiple cubesandmake them interact.
• Hack it! Add your own sensors for new interactions or make improvements to your cube itself. Everything (hardware+software) is open-source and fully documented so hacking is fun!
• Cube firmware: https://github.com/enjrolas/L3D-Software
• Cube hardware: https://github.com/enjrolas/L3D-Hardware
• Processing library: https://github.com/enjrolas/L3D-library
• For technical support and suggestions, please visit our forum.
Note: this product will not be delivered to the areas below
Free shipping on your first order over $50 or more. Discounted items included!