The story begins with Shine.
When we got misfit shine the first time, we are shocked to see the 1,560 laser-drilled holes on the surface to allow the light from the LEDs through but still keep the water out.
BTW, this is not a new invented process, if you look at your front of mac pro, you will find the breathing led with micro holes. This is often used on high-end products:
- the holes are barely seem by eyes
- lights through, but water out
We tries to make our own micro holes logo
Back view of Misfit Shine.
We find the suppliers and conclude the basic facts for design
- a thin layer of coating after laser drilling for dustproof
- a thickness of 0.2mm is preferred
- in theory all metal can be drilled, aluminium is preferred since its machinability
- aperture: 0.01mm
- hole distance: 0.15mm
- 100- 150 holes/mins
Here’s how we designed our classic seeed flower
If you are looking for a quick and cost-effective way to get small holes on your products, seeed is right for you. We discovery, understand and adopt different kind of new processes and technologies.