–Join the creativity, build your own verse!
Here is the LinkIt ONE.
LinkIt ONE has sold over 2,000 units since it launched on Sept. 22nd, 2014. Everything has gone perfectly, except we are lacking demos or prototypes to showcase its abilities. We hope that we can leverage your creativity and Maker spirit to come up with some funny and practical prototypes to showcase on our website.
Here’s the chance to use your imagination to create something incredible! We are pretty confident that such a full-featured board can easily be applied to various areas such as internet of things, smart home, and remote controls. We will provide you with a free LinkIt ONE Board that works great with any of the Grove starter kits, Sidekick Basic Kit and over 120 kinds of optional groves modules.
Contest is limited to ten winners from submissions between Oct. 31st to Dec. 25th, 2014.
How does this contest work? We are glad you asked!
- Please tag @Seeed Studio and #LinkItONE with your idea on your facebook, Twitter, or email your idea to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will review the technical feasibility of your idea, and if we like your idea we will reach out to you and send you the LinkIt ONE board and any needed Groves.
- For those of you who have already bought LinkIt ONE (you’re awesome, thank you!), we appreciate you sharing your usage of this lovable green board and it is our pleasure to provide some Grove modules for you to stack with LinkIt ONE to complete your ideas.
- Once you’re finished, show us your prototype and demo, and we will post them on our recipe channel or blog. Videos introducing your prototype will be greatly appreciated and we would love to post them on Seeedstudio’s youtube channel.
- Last but not least, you will get a sneak peek of our next “Big Bang” products so you can evaluate them and have early purchasing rights.
HW and SW Resources:
More information please visit www.seeedstudio.com/linkitone Resource to download
LinkIt ONE resource: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/LinkIt-ONE-p-2017.html?cPath=122_142
Groves for LinkIt ONE: Sidekick Basic Kit for LinkIt ONE
Goves and shields compatible with LinkIt ONE:
We also provide some reference prototype
Internet of Things and Smart Home:
- Multiple Networking methods: Wifi, GSM, GPRS, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE
- 100s of kinds of Grove sensors, actuators, lighting, and speakers to interact with and control the environmental around it
DIY Cellphone Device:
- Integrated with GSM functionality means that the LinkIt ONE can make cellphone calls and send messages.
- Make a non-traditional device have cellular connectivity. Make your coffee table able to send and receive texts.
- A basic enclosure, one screen, and keys means that you can set up a cellphone prototype quickly. Maybe you’re going to add a new twist? Maybe something is missing from current cell phones that you’re going to prototype?
- With more than enough power and interfaces, you can certainly create the first mainstream GSM/WiFi/BT 3D printer!
Field Environmental Data Collection:
- When in sleep mode, the power consumption is < 1mA!
- With the integrated GPS and GPRS functionality, sending location and sensor data to cloud by cell is easier than ever.
- Having the integrated Li-Battery (1,000mAh) means that it can work with a solar (or wind?) power source.
- 100s of Grove sensors to measure environmental parameters easily.
- With 10M Flash Storage (5 times as much as a standard UNO!), all you have to do is plug in a microSD card to increase the storage up to 32G
- Integrated with GPS can provide navigation and positioning.
- Easily add a Hall sensor, then read the speed of your bicycle.
- Because the LinkIt ONE has integrated audio, add set of speakers to get rid of journey loneliness or to throw a party one you get there.
- GPRS allows you to call for help when in danger and your cellphone is lost or out of power.
- Make the ultimate bike recovery system! Have the bike make noise when the acceleration sensor is jostled, but also be able to text you when it’s happening. If totally lost, have it return its location every hour when not unlocked properly.
Come on, post your thoughts! We look forward to providing you the tools to make your ideas a reality, and in turn showing us what our products can do!