Grove - Vision AI Module V2 - Arm Cortex-M55 & Ethos-U55, TensorFlow and PyTorch supported, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Seeed Studio XIAO, ESP-based dev board compatible
It is an MCU-based vision AI module powered by Himax WiseEye2, featuring Arm Cortex-M55 & Ethos-U55. TensorFlow and PyTorch frameworks are supported. Compatible with Arduino IDE and no code model deployment and immediate visualization of identification results with SenseCraft AI.
- 10+: $14.20
Kindly take note that the Grove Vision AI V2's Part List does not include a camera. In order to make use of all the features and capabilities of the Grove Vision AI V2, you may need to acquire a CSI camera separately. We recommend using the OV5647-62 FOV Camera Module for Raspberry Pi. Alternatively, you may opt to purchase it as a bundle on the product page.
- Powerful AI Processing Capabilities: Utilizes WiseEye2 HX6538 processor with a dual-core Arm Cortex-M55 and integrated Arm Ethos-U55 neural network unit.
- Versatile AI Model Support: Easily deploy off-the-shelf or your custom AI models from SenseCraft AI, including Mobilenet V1, V2, Efficientnet-lite, Yolo v5 & v8. TensorFlow and PyTorch frameworks are supported.
- Rich Peripheral Devices: Includes PDM microphone, SD card slot, Type-C, Grove interface, and other peripherals.
- High Compatibility: Compatible with XIAO series, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP dev board, easy for further development
- Fully Open Source: All codes, design files, and schematics available for modification and use.
What are the cores?
The Grove - Vision AI V2 is a highly efficient MCU-based smart vision module driven by the Himax WiseEye2 HX6538 processor, featuring a dual-core Arm Cortex-M55 and integrated Arm Ethos-U55 neural network component. It integrates Arm Helium technology, which is finely optimized for vector data processiong, enables a significant uplift in DSP and ML capabilities without compromising on power consumption, which is ideal for battery-powered applications.
How's the performance of Grove Vision AI V2?
1. Power consumption: This metric indicates whether the board can be used in battery-powered products.
2. Inference time: This metric indicates the processing speed of the MCU and how much latency is involved.
3. Frame rate: This metric evaluates whether the product can capture instant changes, patterns, and movements.
4. Ease of use: We assessed whether this product is user-friendly for vision AI novices and can quickly run mainstream models on the market.
(Image Credits: Mengdu)
What's on the board?
Grove Vision AI V2 is now compatible with the OV5647 camera module through a standard CSI interface. We're also developing support for more camera versions, so stay tuned!
Grove Vision AI V2 is not only designed for vision applications but also features an onboard PDM microphone for sound applications. It comes with a SD card slot allows for convenient storage of images, videos, and identification results using an SD card.
With various interfaces like IIC, UART, SPI, and Type-C, this board has expansive capabilities and can be easily connected to popular products such as Seeed Studio XIAO, Grove, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard and ESP-based products for further development. For instance, integrating Grove Vision AI V2 with XIAO can effortlessly access the interface and data of Grove Vision AI V2 through Arduino, Micropython, CircuitPython, and PlatformIO, and conveniently connect to the cloud or dedicated servers like Home Assistance.
How to use it?
SenseCraft AI is a platform that enables easy AI model training and deployment with no-code/low-code. It supports Seeed products natively, ensuring complete adaptability of the trained models to Seeed products. Moreover, deploying models through this platform offers immediate visualization of identification results on the website, enabling prompt assessment of model performance.
Ideal for tinyML applications, adding vision AI to your smart sensor with Grove Vision AI V2 is made easy with the SenseCraft AI. Effortlessly deploy off-the-shelf or custom AI models by connecting the device, selecting a model, and viewing identification results.
Himax WiseEye2 HX6538 processor featuring a dual-core Arm Cortex-M55 and integrated Arm Ethos-U55
PDM Microphone, SD Card Slot
CSI, IIC, UART, SPI, and Type-C
Dual 7-pin connector & Type-C & Grove Connector
Seeed Studio XIAO & Arduino
Downloading & Firmware Burn Interface
Frequency(ARM Cortex-M55 Processor(Big)）
Up to 400MHz
Frequency(ARM Cortex-M55 Processor(Little))
Up to 150MHz
Frequency(ARM Ethos-U55 MicroNPU）
Up to 400MHz
Memory Card Interface
Up to 1x SD and SDIO host, support DS mode, up to 25MHz
Internal System Memory
● Configurable system memory, up to 2432KB
● 64KB boot ROM
- Industrial automation: quality inspection, predictive maintenance, voice control, etc.
- Smart city: equipment monitoring, energy management, etc.
- Transportation: status monitoring, location tracking, etc.
- Intelligent agriculture: environmental monitoring, etc.
- Mobile IoT devices: wearable devices, handheld devices, etc.
Join the Vision Revolution: Subscribe to our Newsletter for Exclusive Updates!
Scan the QR code or click here!
|Grove Vision AI V2
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
SHARED BY USERS
from order viewEASY TO USE