Tang features Anlogic EG4S20 FPGA – unrelated to Amlogic – which run a RISC-V softcore, and all is packaged in a small small form factor.
- Core unit: Anlogic Technologies EG4S20
- Logical unit: 20K (LUT4/LUT5 hybrid architecture)
- SRAM: About 130KB
- SDRAM: Built-in 32bit bit width 64MBit
- Flash: FPGA configuration Flash, 8Mbit User Flash, nor/nand optional
- Download and debug: Onboard FPGA JTAG Download Debugger, RV debugger can debug hummingbird core
- FPC40P socket, can be connected to RGB LCD, VGA adapter board
- FPC24P socket, can be connected to DVP camera, high speed ADC module
- Resistive touch screen controller for I2C interface, used with RGB LCD
- Pin and lead:
- The adjacent pins LVDS are drawn in the same length, leading out 8 GCLKs, and all 8 ADCs are taken out.
- Double row pin spacing 900mil, compatible with breadboard development
- Half hole leads to an extra 40 IO, and the whole board leads to 130+ IO
- Electrical characteristics:
- Micro USB 5V power supply; 2.54mm pin
- 3.3V~5V power supply; 1.27mm stamp hole power supply
- 3-channel DCDC power supply chip, stable and efficient power supply
- independent adjustment of Bank0 IO level
- Integrate, download, debug features with TD IDE
- IDE has a rich IP core
- Support hummingbird risc-v soft core
Target application scenario
- High-speed communication interface interconnection
- Learning, debugging, research of soft cores such as RISC-V
- Machine vision processing
- Parallel computing acceleration
|Size and weight|
|Development board size||25.4x56.0mm|
|Development board weight||6.2±0.1g|
|RV debugging||When using the RV debugger, if you need to use USB power, try to use a shorter USB cable.|
|Micro-USB||The USB interface can be used for power supply, and the interface is fragile. Please pay attention to the use.|
|Download and debug||On-board FPGA JTAG download debugger, debugging hummingbird core requires other debuggers, such as RV, JLink|
|Power consumption and current||No-load current is about 50mA|
Outstanding !The FPGA architecture is nice -it will be familiar to many FPGA designers ;-). The Design tools are no-nonsense, state-of-the art (SDC), ultra fast and in English (apart from the Installation phase). The unsigned Blaster driver is a minor annoyance under Windows. Minus one star for the documentation which could have been translated in English, and for the HDL parser (no SV apparently). But for this class of FPGA, the IDE is really complete and nice to use. And indeed the board is really cool and cost-friendly.
Shoping was great, product excellent!So, board itself was fantastic. With so small size, so big power!
Never seem before so small FPGA board, even with user key and RGB led. Everything for fist LED blinking application.
Be ready to learn Mandarin or use Google translate. There is much things to read and learn in original language.
Some software links is old and broken. Some, does not work without Baidu account.
Baidu account registration was unsucessful. So, I would search around for help. I want to play with Hummingbird processor.