XBee Wi-Fi embedded RF modules provide simple serial to IEEE 802.11 connectivity. By bridging the low-power/low-cost requirements of wireless device networking with the proven infrastructure of 802.11, the XBee Wi-Fi creates new wireless opportunities for energy management, process and factory automation, wireless energy management, process and factory automation, wireless easy provisioning methods and native Device Cloud by Etherios™ connectivity.
XBee Wi-Fi modules give developers the fastest IP-to-device and device-to-cloud capability possible. Focused on the rigorous requirements of these wireless device networks, the module gives developers IP-to-device and device-to-cloud capability.
XBee modules offer developers tremendous flexibility and are available in surface mount and through-hole form factors. The XBee Wi-Fi shares a common footprint with other XBee modules. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other.
As a member of the XBee family, the XBee Wi-Fi combines hardware with software for a complete modular solution. XBee Wi-Fi modules are designed to communicate with access points in existing 802.11 infrastructures. Developers can use AT and API commands for advanced configuration options.
• Native Device Cloud integration for data acquisition and device management
• Hardware and software complete module easily joins existing 802.11 b/g/n (Wi-Fi) infrastructures
• Common XBee footprint allows OEMs to support a variety of wireless protocols
• Flexible SPI and UART serial interfaces
• Available in Surface Mount and Through-Hole form factors
• Support for low-power sleeping applications with<6 μA power-down current
• Over-the-air data rates up to 72 Mbps
• Simple provisioning methods including Soft AP and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• Serial Data Interface: UART up to 1 Mbps, SPI up to 6 Mbps
• Configuration Method: API or AT commands
• Frequency Band: ISM 2.4 GHz
• ADC Inputs: 4 (12-bit)
• Digital I/O: 10
• Form Factor: Through-Hole, Surface Mount
• Antenna Options: PCB (Embedded), U.FL, RPSMA, Integrated Wire
• Operating Temperature: -30º C to +85º C
• Dimensions (L x W): 0.960 in x 1.297 in (2.438 cm x 3.294 cm)
• Security: WPA-PSK,WPA2-PSK and WEP
• Channels: 13 channels
• Standard 802.11b/g/n
• Data Rates 1 Mbps to 72 Mbps
• Modulationc: CCK, DSSS
• Transmit Power: Up to +16 dBm
• Receiver Sensitivity: -93 to -71 dBm
• Supply Voltage: 3.14 - 3.46 VDC
• Transmit Current: Up to 309 mA
• Receive Current: 100 mA
• Power-Down Current:<6 µA @ 25º C