This is a global leading company that designs and manufactures outdoor power products such as chainsaws, trimmers, garden tractors, and mowers, etc. In the company’s 300+ years’ journey of inventing and innovating, they have always embraced emerging technologies in creating great product experiences for their customers.
Because most of their products are used in parks, gardens, forests, and other environments where humans interact with nature, the company strives to explore methods to reduce its products’ impact on the environment and to enhance the ability of its products to positively affect people’s lives and the environment. Apart from adopting new battery technologies and renewable energy sources, they also apply IoT technology in monitoring the environmental data to provide insights for guiding corporate operations as well as providing better services to customers.
We are very happy that our partner applies SenseCAP industrial wireless IoT products including LR gateways and sensors in their pilot projects of environmental monitoring. Currently, two sets of IoT devices have been deployed in the industrial park and a public park respectively in Stockholm, Sweden, to collect the following environmental data:
- Barometric Pressure
- Light Intensity
- Air Temperature
- Air Humidity
The data are collected and monitored with the following IoT sensors and gateways.
- SenseCAP Wireless CO2 Sensor – LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Barometric Pressure Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Light Intensity Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Air Temperature and Humidity Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP LoRaWAN Gateway
In 2022, we released a brand new generation of SenseCAP sensors with a built-in Bluetooth to enable lower deployment and maintenance costs. With a durable industrial design and wide measuring range unchanged, SenseCAP S210x series has better performance in battery life and setup process.
Note: we have updated the links to our latest version of SenseCAP end nodes in our S210x series.
Our partner is very satisfied with the stable and precise data collected in these IoT applications. They envision to have data-driven solutions for their daily operations at workplaces to integrate sustainability across the company. And at the same time, with data collected at the public park and other environments where their products are used, they can provide suggestions and better services to their customers for collectively building a better living environment.
We are looking forward to cooperating more closely in the future to empower businesses to create great experience and services to their customers and at the same time create a more pleasant environment for all.
This project also contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals.
What is SenseCAP?
SenseCAP is a series of industrial IoT products. Its LoRaWAN version is based on LoRaWAN protocol and deployable worldwide with multiple ISM bands. SenseCAP is encapsulated in an IP66 enclosure, making it applicable in outdoor remote sensing scenarios such as Smart Farming, Smart City and other IoT applications that need low-power, long-distance and long-term data collection.
About SenseCAP S210X Series
With the IP66 rating, -40 ~ +85C ° operating temperature, and built-in 19Ah high-capacity battery, combined with the device’s low power consumption, the S210X series can operate in harsh outdoor
environments for up to 10 years with a range of up to 10km. The built-in Bluetooth facilitates setup and greatly reduces large-scale deployment costs. Users can focus on application development with the easy set-up, and start retrieving data in a few steps. Just install the device, bind it using the QR code and configure the network, then data can be viewed from the SenseCAP portal, which supports popular IoT protocols such as HTTP and MQTT.
Here’s the newest video of the SenseCAP S210x Series unboxing and shows how to deploy in your area
Update June 2022: SenseCAP S210x Series are currently available for purchase. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment here, email us ([email protected]), or join the discussion at Discord.
Other User Cases
- SenseCAP Deployed in Outdoor Triticale Farm, Empowering Precision Agriculture in Dingzhou, Hebei Province, Northern China
- Smart Agriculture Demonstration Park of Sweet Melons Empowered by SenseCAP in Beihai Guangxi, Southern China
- SenseCAP Empowers Agriculture & Tourism in Hakka Villages by Collecting Environmental Data at in Heyuan, Guangdong, Southern China
- SenseCAP Monitoring Environmental Data in Smart Greenhouses Growing Tropical Fruits in Shandong, Northern China.
- Smart Tea Plantation in Mengding Mountain to Monitor Key Environmental Data with SenseCAP for Increasing Efficiency and Customer Trust
- SenseCAP Selected as Smart Agriculture Innovation of the Year
- SenseCAP among the First Products Certified by Microsoft Plug & Play (PnP)
- Learn more about SenseCAP
- SenseCAP API Introduction