Are you passionate about leveraging technology to make the world a better place? Do you want to contribute to conserving energy, reducing waste, and cleaning up the planet? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Seeed Studio is excited to participate in the Summer of Green Tech Design Challenge, which is being organized by the element14 community in collaboration with Farnell Electronics. The aim of this challenge is to inspire Eco-Warriors to develop innovative projects that will help safeguard our planet for future generations. So, we invite you to join us in sowing the seeeds of green technology by creating a project that supports a sustainable future!
What are the benefits of participating in this challenge? Firstly, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world. Climate change and environmental degradation are some of the biggest challenges facing our planet today, and we need innovative solutions to tackle them. By participating in this challenge, you’ll be contributing to a more sustainable future.
So, what kind of project can you create? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Develop a device that monitors energy usage in your home or workplace and provides suggestions for reducing energy consumption.
- Upcycle an old product, such as furniture or an electronic device, and repurpose it into something new and useful.
- Design a robot that can clean up trash from rivers or oceans, helping to reduce pollution and protect wildlife.
The possibilities are endless, and we’re excited to see what you’ll come up with!
Moreover, this challenge is an excellent opportunity to showcase your engineering skills and creativity. You’ll have the chance to work on a real-world problem and create something that has the potential to make a significant impact. Plus, if your project is chosen as the winner, you’ll receive an amazing prize!
Prize of the Summer of Green Tech Design Challenge:
- Grand Prize: Lightweight Aluminium Folding Bike + Indoor Hydroponic IoT Herb Garden
- Runner Up Prize: Portable Power Station Battery with Inverter + Indoor Hydroponic IoT Herb Garden
- All challengers who complete their project by the submission deadline: 30th August 2023 will receive a Duratool GTK-197 20 Piece Screwdriver Set.
As a partner of the Summer of Green Tech Design Challenge, Seeed Studio will sponsor a kit that consists of a Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21 along with a selection of Grove sensors. The kit will include the following:
- Seeed Studio XIAO SAMD21
- Grove-Infrared Temperature Sensor
- Grove-Temperature & Humidity Sensor V2.0 (DHT20)
- Grove-3-Axis Digital Accelerometer(±1.5g)
- Grove-Hall Sensor
- Grove-Flame Sensor
This kit will be a valuable resource for the challengers and we are excited to contribute to the development of innovative solutions in the field of green technology. Furthermore, this page offers additional Grove sensors that can be utilized to support your project exploration.
Interested in the Summer of Green Tech Design Challenge? Press the button to participate!
Note: Create an account on element14 and then log in to the account to get the full description and register to the Summer of Green Tech Design Challenge.
- Application Period: 21st April 2023
- Application Deadline: 22nd May 2023
- Challengers Announced: 26th May 2023
- Build Period: 26th May – 30th August 2023
- Projects Due: 30th August 2023
- Winners Announced: September 2023
- Prizes Shipped: September 2023
Looking for more ideas to enhance your project? Check out our Project Hub on Hackster, where you can access a multitude of project tutorials. We are excited to see what you create! Don’t forget to share your progress with us by tweeting @seeedstudio, or by connecting with us on LinkedIn, Discord, or by publishing your project on our Project Hub on Hackster. We look forward to hearing from you soon!