SenseCAP S2110 LoRaWAN Sensor Kit
SenseCAP S2110 LoRaWAN® Sensor Kit is a cost-effective tool for developers to build outdoor sensors and applications and a custom open-source LoRa® device with low development cost.
What is this Bundle Kit?
SenseCAP provides a complete LoRa® device solution, and Grove is a powerful open-source hardware ecosystem. The combination of SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter and SenseCAP S2100 LoRaWAN® Data Logger provides infinite possibilities for IoT developers to build customized industrial-level LoRaWAN sensors with Grove sensors at low cost.
This bundle kit includes SenseCAP S2100 LoRaWAN Data Logger, SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter, and the six Grove Sensors which are already supported by the native firmware for you to choose to build ready-to-deploy SenseCAP LoRaWAN sensors without coding.
With this kit, you could easily upgrade the Grove Sensor that you selected to an industrial-level MODBUS RS485 LoRaWAN sensor with high robustness and outdoor deployment capability, and you could connect the sensor to the SenseCAP Cloud with a 5-minute setting in the SenseCAP Mate App via Bluetooth. IoT platforms such as Helium, TTN, LORIOT, etc are also supported.
What is Grove?
Grove is a modular, standardized connector prototyping system that takes a building block approach to assemble electronics. Under such a system, Grove sensors are easy to connect and collect different types of data to build solutions.
Below are 6 Grove sensors for your choice in the bundle kit and the suggested applications you may develop with the kit:
- Grove - Temperature and Barometer Sensor (BMP280): Built a low-cost and high-precision outdoor LoRaWAN sensor that measures the temperature and barometer for meteorological monitoring IoT applications.
- Grove - Oxygen Sensor(ME2-O2-Ф20): Build an outdoor LoRaWAN electrochemical oxygen sensor to test the oxygen concentration for air quality monitoring applications.
- Grove - CO2 & Temperature & Humidity Sensor - SCD41: Build an outdoor LoRaWAN sensor to measure temperature, humidity, and CO2 at the same time for environmental monitoring IoT applications.
- Grove - Sunlight sensor - SI1151: Build a multi-channel digital light outdoor LoRaWAN sensor to detect UV, visible light, and infrared light under a wide dynamic range and a variety of light sources including direct sunlight for ambient light monitoring IoT applications.
- Grove - Light Sensor v1.2 - LS06-S phototransistor: Build a high-sensitive and reliable photodiode outdoor LoRaWAN sensor to detect the intensity of light for ambient light monitoring IoT applications.
- Grove - Flame Sensor: Build an outdoor flame LoRaWAN sensor to detect fire sources or other wavelength light sources in the range of 760nm - 1100 nm for fire alarm IoT applications.
Explore More Possibilities
Besides these 6 Grove Sensors which are natively supported in the firmware, you can also take the advantage of the onboard Grove and RS-485 interfaces of the SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter. You can connect to any Grove sensor from the 500+ Grove sensors system, or a sensor that supports RS-485 protocol, and develop customized firmware to it using the source code we provide to create a SenseCAP Outdoor LoRaWAN Sensor for your special application. (Check guidance here)
What is SenseCAP
SenseCAP provides a one-stop LoRaWAN wireless sensing solution. The product line of SenseCAP includes LoRaWAN Gateway, Sensor Nodes, and other accessories for wireless applications. SenseCAP Mate APP and web-based SenseCAP Portal are also provided for configuration and management.
With outstanding low-power and long-range transmission capability and reliable and robust IP66 sensors covering a wide range of application scenarios, SenseCAP is a perfect solution for outdoor IoT applications including smart agriculture, smart cities, environmental monitoring, industrial control, etc.
What is SenseCAP S2110 Converter?
The SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter is the bridge that combines the Grove system and the SenseCAP LoRaWAN solution, which enables to upgrade a Grove sensor to an industrial-grade MODBUS RS485 sensor and take advantage of the SenseCAP LoRaWAN system. And it also makes up for the defects of insufficient sensor types and the high cost of existing outdoor sensors.
It has Seeed Studio XIAO RP2040 as the dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor and has one Grove and one RS485 connector, enabling developers to connect with 500+ Grove sensors and various sensors support RS485 protocol and develop various IoT applications at low cost.
What is S2100 LoRaWAN® Data Logger?
To empower the solution with LoRaWAN® connectivity, the S2100 LoRaWAN® Data Logger serves as the converter to transform the sensors' signals into LoRa® wireless signals. When connecting to the SenseCAP S2110 Grove to MODBUS RS485 Converter, it transfers the data to SenseCAP Cloud after a simple 5-minute BLE configuration in SenseCAP Mate App. Precise data results and further analysis could be easily obtained from SenseCAP Dashboard and SenseCAP Mate App (Download the Mate APP here: 1. iOS; 2. Google Play; 3. App Center).
Let’s get started with the bundle kit and build your first industrial-level LoRaWAN sensor with the Grove sensor now!!
Learn and Documents
Get Started: Build LoRaWAN Sensors with SenseCAP S2110 Converter and SenseCAP Data Logger
GitHub: S2110 Converter source code
1. Is the LoRaWAN network coverage necessary when using the SenseCAP S2110 Converter?
Ideally, yes. LoRaWAN® enables your solutions with ultra-low power consumption and wide-range transmission. When connecting with the SenseCAP S2100 Data Logger, this device can be connected to the local LoRaWAN® network if there's network coverage nearby. Also, you can manage to build a LoRaWAN® network on your own by deploying gateways. (Check SenseCAP LoRaWAN® gateways)
2. What is the output interface when connecting the S2110 converter with the data logger?
The output signal of the S2110 Converter is RS485, which is the standard signal of industrial sensor nodes.
The LoRa® Mark is a trademark of Semtech Corporation or its subsidiaries. LoRaWAN® is a mark used under license from the LoRa Alliance®.