In the industrial manufacturing workplace, workers are constantly having to leave their stations to communicate information. Having to manually locate individuals throughout the facility or use a tedious data input solution prevents workers from completing their jobs. Is there any way we can optimize the workflow of asynchronous communications to benefit both the worker and the workplace?
What if it could be easily improved with simple additions to your current workstations without having to change the existing workflow? Let’s figure out how AI systems help simplify communications and improve performance within industrial facilities.
Introducing Malamute Atlas Communication System
Malamute uses natural language processing(NLP) and spatial computing to help improve workplace productivity and process traceability. Powered by NVIDIA Jetson Orin and AGX Xavier and working with NVIDIA Riva, Malamute’s AI-layered audio communication network empowers industrial workers with the right data at the right time. The NLP-powered communication system helps improve overall equipment efficiency by keeping workers focused on their jobs and at their stations.
Employees can record voice messages regarding operational situations and processes which get sent to the intended audience. This allows for effortless and efficient communications compared to a Walkie-Talkie, phone call, or email.
- No workflow overhaul
- No training needed
- No additional workload on workers
Malamute Atlas On-Equipment Voice AI Messaging System Use Case
Let’s walk through how Malamute works with the daily operation between Tom and Wayne.
- A floor lead, Tom, hears a machine pump sounding slightly off
- Tom sends out a voice message from a Malamute on-equipment device stating the pump has been sounding different
- The maintenance lead, Wayne, receives the message on his Malamute mobile device
- After reading the transcription, Wayne chooses to acknowledge the message and will address the issue when he is available
Installation is easy
Benefits of the Malamute Atlas AI Communication System
- Minimizes worker travel for communications
- Maximizes worker productivity
- Improve workplace efficiency
Beyond 2D Communications
Manufacturing operates in physical space. As the industrial metaverse continues to expand and digital twins become the new normal, data collection and visualization are a necessity. Communication data can integrate directly with these new Industry 4.0 concepts, providing even greater productivity improvements. Partnering with Snap, Inc. through Snap’s Ghost Fellowship, Malamute is exploring how communication data can best be used in the digital-physical world.
Snap Spectacles Integration on the Malamute Atlas System Demo
NVIDIA® Riva is a GPU-accelerated SDK for building Speech AI applications that are customized for your use case and deliver real-time performance.
Riva is available with fully optimized pipelines for deploying real-time AI speech applications such as transcription and virtual assistants.
2022 NVIDIA also released Riva 2.0, highlights include:
- World-class automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS) models
- ASR support for Spanish, German, and Russian in addition to English
- Real-time Text-To-Speech pipeline with fine-grained control for expressivity
- Easy workflow to fine-tune custom data with NVIDIA TAO Toolkit
- Ability to scale to hundreds of thousands of real-time streams
- End-to-end workflow and tools to deploy services using a single command
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit provides a giant leap forward for Robotics and Edge AI. With up to 275 TOPS of AI performance and power configurable between 15W and 50W, you now have more than 6X the performance of NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier in the same compact form-factor for developing advanced robots and other autonomous machine products. Developers can also deploy machine learning models in solving demanding challenges for advanced robotics and autonomous machines in the fields of manufacturing, logistics, retail, service, agriculture, smart city, and healthcare. Jetson platform is the ideal solution.
If you want to compare what difference among different Jetson Modules powered devices from Jetson Nano to Jetson AGX Orin, check out Seeed’s comparison table.
Malamute, in partnership with Seeed, will be migrating their on-premise deployment servers to Seeed’s reServer J5014 edge server solution. The reServer J5014 provides Malamute an all-in-one pre packaged solution, simplifying Malamute’s supply chain management while providing an optimal form factor for industrial facility deployments.
reServer for Jetson is a powerful inference server on the edge powered by Jetson AGX ORIN 64GB, which delivers up to 275 TOPs AI performance. It provides a high-speed 10-Gigabit Ethernet port and supports hybrid connectivity including 5G, LoRa, BLE, and WiFi. reServer for Jetson with support Triton Inference server is ready for fast and scalable AI in production and concurrent model execution. The device is under development, glad invite companies who are planning using AGX Orin for future equipment to fill in this form to let us know your needs and expectations!
Malamute’s mission is to enable efficient communication in the toughest environments. Founded in 2020, the Malamute team sought to combine the industrial communication world with the power of AI, creating the next generation of communication workflow. Malamute has partnered with multiple industry leaders to bring human-centric assisted reality to the front lines.
- #VoiceNeeded: Let us know your needs for custom design, products, and peripherals for NVIDIA Jetson Orin platform.
- NVIDIA Orin: bring your next-gen AI products with Jetson AGX Orin and NX Orin
- Compare NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin with AGX Xavier: 8x AI performance, in-advance Ampere GPU, CPU, Memory & Storage
- NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin: 275 TOPS, 2048 NVIDIA® CUDA® cores, 64 Tensor Cores, best AI performance of NVIDIA Jetson Family
Join Seeed as Edge AI Partner, Deliver Real-World AI Together
Seeed’s Edge AI platform provides devices, carrier boards, peripherals, software tools and ML solutions. Seeed is NVIDIA’s official reseller and ecosystem hardware partner. By consolidating our best-in-class hardware and cutting-edge technology from our software partners and the community, we aim at helping both developers and enterprises deploy ML in the real world across industries. Contact us at [email protected]
We are looking forward to working with AI experts, software enterprises, and system integrators:
- Integrating your unique technology, resell or co-brand licensed solution with us.
- Building next-gen AI products powered by the NVIDIA Jetson module, one-stop bringing your product to the market with Seeed’s manufacturing, fulfillment, and distribution.
- Working with Seeed Amazing Ecosystem Partners together, unlocking more AI possibilities.