JetPack 5.0.2 production quality release is live now!
From NVIDIA, JetPack 5.0.2 has been released today, a production quality release, and replaces JetPack 5.0/JetPack 5.0.1 Developer Preview releases which were meant for development only.
JetPack 5.0.2 includes Jetson Linux 35.1 BSP with Linux Kernel 5.10, an Ubuntu 20.04 based root file system, a UEFI-based bootloader, and OP-TEE as Trusted Execution Environment. JetPack 5.0.2 includes the latest compute stack on Jetson with CUDA 11.4, TensorRT 8.4.1, cuDNN 8.4.1 See highlights below for the full list of features. There is also 1)New Jetson Power GUI: Tool for monitoring the power and
thermal status of Jetson platform, 2) New NVUtils Multimedia buffer management and buffer
transformation API,and 3) New Containers on NGC.
|Jetpack 5.0.2||Jetpack 4.6.1|
|CUDA 11.4.14||CUDA 10.2|
|TensorRT 8.4.1||TensorRT 8.2.1|
|cuDNN 8.4.1||cuDNN 8.2.1|
|VPI 2.1||VPI 1.2|
|OpenCV 4.5.4||OpenCV 4.1.1|
|Vulkan 1.3||Vulkan 1.2|
|Nsight Systems 2022.3||Nsight Systems 2021.5|
|Nsight Graphics 2022.3||Nsight Graphics 2021.2|
|Nsight Deep Learning Designer 2022.1||Nsight Compute 2019.3|
This release supports Jetson AGX Orin 32 GB production module and Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit(order now at Seeed!). It also supports Jetson AGX Xavier series and Jetson Xavier NX series modules, as well as Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit. So besides Nano and TX2, users can use with new Jetpack 5.0.2 and it will support following Seeed Jetson products(products are under testing, thanks for your patience!):
- reComputer J2021, powered by Jetson Xavier NX production module 8GB
- reComputer J2011, powered by Jetson Xavier NX production module 8GB
- reComputer J2012, powered by Jetson Xavier NX production module 16GB
- reComputer J202 carrier board for Jetson Nano/Xavier NX
- Jetson SUB Mini PC
- Jetson AGX Xavier H01 Kit
- NVIDIA® Jetson Xavier™ NX Developer Kit
- NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
At Jetpack 5.0.2 You can follow this guide to minimize storage usage on Jetson. You can cut down on disk usage by removing unnecessary packages, libraries, and other assets. The following table shows how you can reclaim more than 8 GB of storage space on some of the latest NVIDIA JetPack versions.
|NVIDIA JetPack 5.0.1 DP (Rel 34.1.1)|
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit
|NVIDIA JetPack 4.6.2 (Rel 32.7.2)|
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
|NVIDIA JetPack 4.6.1 (Rel 32.7.1)|
NVIDIA Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit
|Example deployment configuration ([D])||8.3 GB||5.2 GB||5.3 GB|
Top highlights for JetPack 5.0.2. Please refer to JetPack 5.0.2 5 page for full lists of features:
- Adds support for Jetson AGX Orin 32GB production module
- Enables Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit to emulate performance of Jetson AGX Orin 64GB, Jetson AGX Orin 32GB, Jetson Orin NX 16GB and Jetson Orin NX 8GB modules. Refer to the emulation section in release notes for detail.
- Secure storage in OP-TEE using normal world (REE) file system
- Over The Air Updates:
- Image Based OTA tools to upgrade Jetson AGX Xavier or Jetson Xavier NX modules running JetPack 4.x releases
- Support for Power Estimator for Jetson AGX Orin and Jetson Xavier NX series
- Argus support for YUV444 and Linear RGB888 output format for Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson Xavier NX.
- HDR Support for Jetson AGX Orin. Digital Overlap (DOL) Mode and Piecewise Linear (PWL) are supported.
- AV1 encoding/decoding on Jetson AGX Orin
- Support for nvJPEG load balancing to use 2 nvJPEG engines in Jetson AGX Orin, providing 2X the encoding\decoding performance compared to JetPack 5.0/5.0.1 Developer Preview releases.
- Pre-Processing Enhancements (PPE) module. This module provides a framework for various video encode enhancement algorithms. Currently in this release Temporal Adaptive Quantization (TAQ) is supported.
- Cloud Native:
- New Containers on NGC:
- JetPack container with all JetPack components like CUDA, cuDNN, TensorRT, VPI, etc within the container.
- Cross Compilation Container which makes it simpler to cross compile JetPack and Jetson Linux components on a x86 host machine running Linux.
- Jetson Linux Flashing Container which includes all the prerequisites required to flash Jetson modules and developer kits from a x86 host machine running Linux.
- New Containers on NGC:
Following items will be made live soon. NVIDIA will update this thread when they are available:
- Containers for JetPack 5.0.2 on NGC
- Power Estimator for Jetson AGX Orin and Jetson Xavier NX
To upgrade from JetPack 5.0/5.0.1 Developer Preview, first edit etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list to point to the 35.1 repo (just change the version to r35.1 in both lines). Next, use the following commands, then physically reboot the system:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt install --fix-broken -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite"
The last line is required because in the JetPack 5.0.2 release, the cuda-nvprof-11-4 package was renamed.
About Jetpack SDK
NVIDIA JetPack SDK is the most comprehensive solution for building end-to-end accelerated AI applications. All Jetson modules and developer kits are supported by JetPack SDK.
JetPack SDK includes the Jetson Linux Driver Package (L4T) with Linux operating system and CUDA-X accelerated libraries and APIs for Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Accelerated Computing and Multimedia. It also includes samples, documentation, and developer tools for both host computer and developer kit, and supports higher level SDKs such as DeepStream for streaming video analytics and Isaac for robotics.
NVIDIA JetPack includes NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker integration, enabling GPU accelerated containerized applications on Jetson platform. Jetpack also brings support for NVIDIA Triton™ Inference Server to simplify the deployment of AI models at scale.