Hey Community! Are you ready to unleash your creativity and take the open-source hardware movement to the next level?
We are passionate about open-source hardware and believe that it has the power to transform the world. That’s why we’re taking it to the next level with open manufacturing, making it possible for anyone to reproduce and manufacture the Seeed Studio Wio-Terminal. With the potential to unlock limitless creativity and innovation, the Wio Terminal is more than just a microcontroller – it’s a game-changer!
We are committed to the open-source hardware movement, and in that spirit, we have taken this step further into open manufacturing. We believe that opening the manufacturing process will unlock immense potential for innovation and creativity.
Seeed Studio Wio Terminal is an open-source hardware initiative that we have developed and maintained with passion.
A widely-acknowledged IoT development platform that supports Arduino and MicroPython and equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the Wio Terminal has already made its mark in smart homes, industrial automation, education and research.
We are now offering all the production files and documentation required to modify and manufacture the Wio Terminal, enabling anyone to replicate, produce, and even commercialize their own versions of this amazing device. We believe that open manufacturing will facilitate innovation and encourage more people to participate in hardware design and improvement, collectively promoting the development of hardware technology. We can’t wait to see the amazing things that you will create with the Wio Terminal, and we encourage you to share your designs and ideas on our platform.
Exploring more about Wio-Terminal: Fabricatable Open Source Hardware on Seeed Studio’s Github
These design files are freely available for anyone to access, use and modify. For convenience, we also include these design files in the Wio Terminal wiki .
We are looking for partners who share our philosophy to promote the development of open-source hardware and open manufacturing together. Whether you are a corporation, educational institution, research institution, or individual developer, as long as you have passion and innovation, we welcome you to join us. Let’s build an open, innovative, and fair hardware ecosystem together.
Fusion Quick Pass
In order to give back to our community and make your great ideas a reality, Seeed Studio Fusion is launching the Wio Terminal open source movement to help capable engineers, individual developers turn their designs into real products.
For those who wish to design and manufacture their own versions of Wio Terminal, our SeeedStudio Fusion Agile manufacturing offers quick and high-quality PCB Assembly service. One more thing to clarify is that please make sure that you are capable of designing and have all the production files ready for us. Moreover, once your idea/proposal is approved by us, each person is limited to two PCBA boards 100% completely FREE for one Wio Terminal design, including PCB fabrication, the cost of parts, assembly and free worldwide delivery.
Getting excited? Keep reading to find out more.
How to join the open source hardware movement and fabricate your own wio terminal and get a $30 Cash Prize?
- Please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/uic7bVA8SnuJLFR3A to submit your Wio Terminal design proposal.
- One more thing to clarify is that please make sure that you are capable of designing and have all the production files ready for us. If we approve your design proposal, we will contact you via email & Linkedin as soon as possible, then you can start to prepare your Gerber & BOM file. (Pls note that when preparing your BOM file, please preferentially select materials in Seeed Fusion OPL, which will speed up the production of your order.)
- All of design files are freely available for anyone to access, use and modify. You can explore more about Wio-Terminal: Fabricatable Open Source Hardware on Seeed Studio’s Github.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Seeed Fusion customer support team at [email protected] for further consultation.
What kind of secondary development and design can you do based on the Wio Terminal?
Here are some initial ideas we’ve provided to help you get started.
- Modification of Wio Terminal Boards
You can modify the interfaces according to your needs and make suitable changes to the casing. Don’t hesitate to fill out the form and share your design thoughts with us to receive a sponsorship of 2PCS free PCB Assembly. If you share your final project with us and receive over 20 likes on Seeed Studio’s Twitter or LinkedIn, we are willing to offer you a cash prize of $30USD.
2. Wio Terminal Peripheral Accessories Design
Peter, a developer from the community, has designed a QWERTY keyboard for Seeed Studio’s Wio Terminal that operates without an IC. The keyboard matrix is scanned through GPIO and the software is programmed using CircuitPython. We encourage you to submit your innovative ideas for accessory design based on Wio Terminal by filling out the form and sharing them with us.
Scale up your Wio-Terminal Creation with Seeed Studio Co-Create Program!
We will invite well received wio-terminal designs to the Seeed Studio Co-Create Program, where your products can be listed, sold and shipped directly by Seeed on the Seeed Studio Bazaar. We will also support designers to reach thousands of like-minded customers and distributors with Seeed’s global sales channels and social media presence.
Join the Open Manufacturing Movement Together!
Manufacturing and Assembling your Wio Terminal design with the help of Seeed Fusion PCBA Agile Manufacturing Service. Then, publish your Wio Terminal designs on your own platform and we would love to share them on Seeed Studio social media.
* By participating in this event, you agree to review your experience with us and allow us to share the design with the community on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, discord, blog, etc.). The design does not need to be open-sourced and production files will not be shared with the public (unless you want to).
We’re excited to take this journey with you. Let’s create, innovate, and shape the future of open manufacturing together!