LoRa-E5 Development Kit - based on LoRa-E5 STM32WLE5JC, LoRaWAN protocol and worldwide frequency supported
LoRa-E5 Development Kit consists of a LoRa-E5 Dev Board, an antenna(EU868/US915), a USB type C cable, and a 2*AA 3V Battery Holder. LoRa-E5 Dev Board embedded with LoRa-E5 STM32WLE5JC Module that supports LoRaWAN protocol on global frequency band. It is user-friendly since it leads out full GPIOs of LoRa-E5 supporting various data protocols and interfaces including RS-485, Grove, male/female headers, etc. It would be a perfect choice for fast testing and rapid prototyping of your LoRa IoT projects.
Please click here to contact us if you need any further information on Seeed IIoT products and services. We are excited to see you can scale up and expand your business with our products and services.
- Ultra-low power consumption and high performance
- Easy testing and rapid prototyping
- Full GPIOs led out to rich interfaces, including RS-485, Grove, and etc.
- Global LoRaWAN® and LoRa frequency plan supported
- Long-distance transmission range to 10km (ideal value in open area)
There is a built-in USB to UART function on board, you could just simply connect the LoRa-E5 Dev Board to your PC with a USB type C cable, and use serial communication software to send AT commands and read data from the board
For example, connect LoRa-E5 Dev Board to Seeeduino XIAO and the Expansion Board via UART, and send AT commands and read data from Seeeduino XIAO through Arduino IDE serial monitor.
Develop your own LoRa development board with MCU function by using STM32Cube Programmer, which is the SDK officially provided by STMicroelectronics. To download this SDK resource, please find the resources in learning and document down below.
With all the outstanding features listed above, the LoRa-E5 Dev Board will be a superior choice for IoT device development, testing, prototyping, and applications in long-distance, ultra-low power consumption IoT scenarios like smart agriculture, smart office, and smart industry.
If you are unfamiliar with LoRa and LoRaWAN technology, please check out this blog LoRapedia in detail.
- LoRa-E5 module Easy testing
- Rapid prototyping of LoRa devices with LoRa-E5
- Any long-distance wireless communication application development
- LoRa and LoRaWAN application learn and research
For more detailed information about how to use LoRa-E5, please visit LoRa-E5 (STM32WLE5JC) Module Wiki.
1. Factory AT Firmware
LoRa-E5 series has a built-in AT command firmware, which supports LoRaWAN Class A/B/C protocol and a wide frequency plan: EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865. With this AT command firmware, users can easily and quickly build their prototype or application.
The AT command firmware contains a bootloader for DFU and the AT application. The "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin is used to control LoRa-E5 to stay in the bootloader or jump to the AT application. When PB13 is HIGH, the module will jump to AT application after reset, with a default baud rate of 9600. When PB13 is LOW (press the "Boot" button on LoRa-E5 Dev Board or LoRa-E5 mini), the module will stay in the bootloader, and keep transmitting "C" character every 1S at baud rate 115200.
1. Factory AT Firmware is programmed with RDP(Read Protection) Level 1, developers need to remove RDP first with STM32Cube Programmer. Note that regression RDP to level 0 will cause a flash memory mass to erase and the Factory AT Firmware can't be restored again.
2. The "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin on the LoRa-E5 module is just a normal GPIO, not the "BOOT0" pin of the MCU. This "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin is used in the bootloader of the Factory AT firmware, to decide to jump to APP or stay in bootloader(for DFU). The real "BOOT0" pin doesn't pinout to the module, so developers need to be careful when developing low-power applications.
2. Clock Configuration
TCXO power supply: PB0-VDD_TCXO
32.768KHz crystal oscillator
3. RF Switch
LoRa-E5 module ONLY transmits through RFO_HP:
Receive: PA4=1, PB5=0
Transmit(high output power, SMPS mode): PA4=0, PB5=1
|Size||LoRa-E5 Dev Board: 85.6*54mm Package: 200*130*50mm|
|Voltage - supply||3-5V (Battery) / 5V(USB Type C)|
|Voltage - output||EN 3V3 / 5V|
|Power - output||Up to +20.8dBm at 3.3V|
|Frequency||EU868 / US915 / AU915 / AS923 / KR920 / IN865|
|Sensitivity||-116.5dBm ~ -136dBm|
|interfaces||USB Type C / JST2.0 / Grove*3(IIC*2/UART*1) / RS485 / SMA-K / IPEX|
|modulation||LoRa, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, BPSK|
|working temperature||-40℃ ~ 85℃|
|current||LoRa-E5 module sleep current as low as 2.1uA (WOR mode)|
|LoRa-E5 Dev Board *1|
|USB TypeC (20cm) *1|
|2*AA 3V Battery Holder *1|