Wio-E5 Wireless Module (Bulk) - STM32WLE5JC, ARM Cortex-M4 and SX126x embedded, supports LoRaWAN on EU868 & US915
The Wio-E5 wireless module is embedded with the ST system-level package chip STM32WLE5JC, ARM Cortex M4 ultra-low-power MCU, and Long Range SX126X. It supports LoRaWAN frequency plan on EU868, US915 and more, making it suitable for wireless sensor networks and other IoT devices that require battery power, low power consumption and long range.
Our Wio-E5 LoRa module is now IC-certified for Canada!
In the antenna selection for Wio-E5,we provide the following two references to ensure improved RF performance and compliance with CE/FCC regulations:
1. Dipole Antenna (up to 2.0 dBi): This antenna is utilized for Wio-E5 certification. For more information, please refer to the certification report or SKU 113070002.
2. Spring-loaded Antenna (up to 1.1dBi): This is the antenna employed by the SenseCAP S210X LoRaWAN sensor.
This ultra-compact module has extremely low power consumption and is capable of supporting both (G)FSK and Long Range. With its built-in AT command firmware, makes it easy for developers to build their prototypes or applications. It can easily support LoRaWAN® protocols and a variety of frequency plans, making it an ideal solution for Long Range sensor nodes and a range of wireless communication applications. Whether you need to set up Wireless Meter Reading, IoT Nodes, or a Sensor Network, the Wio-E5 is perfectly suited for low power wide area IoT scenarios.
With this module, you can connect to different LoRaWAN server platforms like TheThingsStack, Chirpstack, and others.
- High Performance: The transmit power up to 22dBm @868/915MHz; -136.5dBm sensitivity for SF12 with 125KHz BW.
- Long Distance Use: 158dB link budget.
- Wireless Connectivity: Embedded Long Range protocol, supports global Long Range frequency plan.
- Abundant peripherals: Equipped with a variety of GPIO interfaces like UART, I2C, and ADC, this module offers great flexibility for developers looking to expand peripherals.
- Easy to Use: Has built-in AT command firmware and supports custom product development using an SDK.
- FCC, CE, IC and TELEC Certified
The Wio-E5 series is a high-powered long-range module designed with a convenient Stamp Hole form factor, allowing easy integration into a device's mainboard without requiring extra components. It supports a variety of frequency plans, including EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865, and is compatible with LoRaWAN® Class A/B/C protocols. What's more, this module is pre-certified, making it cost-effective and swift for your entire device to obtain certifications and approvals from any regulatory agency.
The Wio-E5 has built-in AT command firmware, making it easy to create prototypes or applications with just a few simple commands for beginners. Experienced developers, on the other hand, can use the SDK to develop customized products.
Seeed is the official ST Authorized Partner to bring you STMicroelectronics solutions from Modules to Development Boards, one-stop prototyping services with Seeed Fusion, and integration customization.
If you want to learn about Long Range and its features such as network architecture and applications, you can check out this article LoRapedia, which introduces Long Range and Long Range in detail, It explains what Long Range is, how it works, and its pros and cons.
If you're looking for a tool for both Long Range sensor network management and Car Hacking, our newly released Wio-E5 CAN Development Kit is based on the Wio-E5 module, with a built-in CAN controller MCP2515 that supports CAN FD, CAN2.0, and RS485 communication. It's a versatile and useful tool that provides an excellent user experience.
We've enhanced our development platform by updating the integrated Wio-WM1110 Module, built on LoRaWAN® communication. This module offers not just the LoRa communication technology found in the Wio-E5 but also includes a radio front-end with multiple positioning features, such as GNSS (GPS/ BeiDou), Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. It's ideal for both the indoor and outdoor positioning needs of developers.
Free Wio-E5 Project Sponsorship with Seeed Fusion PCBA:
If you have an interesting concept for Wio-E5 or Wio-E5-LE and are willing to share it, we can help you make it a reality with Seeed Fusion’s one-stop-shop capabilities. You can receive up to two PCBA boards absolutely FREE for one design, covering PCB production, parts, assembly, and shipping. The design must include Wio-E5 or Wio-E5-LE. For more information, please click here.
Would like to learn more about the application scenarios of the Wio-E5 module? Please check out the following real-world use cases:
- Solar-Powered Outdoor LoRaWAN Air Quality Monitor
- Low-Power Snow Depth Sensor Monitoring for IoT Smart City Based On Wio-E5 Applied in Norway
- Developed Stream Runoff Monitoring Sensors Using Wio-E5 to Measure The Temperature, Quality and Flow
- Smart City: Wio-E5-based Indoor Air Pollutant Detection Project
- Wio-E5 & ESP32 Powered WiLoBlIno
- Loko: The Tiniest GPS Tracker with Built-In Wio-E5 Module Can Track Any Wild Animals and Drones
ODM & OEM
If you want to design in our Wio-E5 Module, we provide a one-stop ODM and OEM service for quick customization and scale-up. Please contact [email protected] if you have a large quantity customization need.
With over 10 years of ODM & OEM experience, our engineers and product experts are proficient in delivering customization and manufacturing services for hardware products. We are committed to assisting you at any moment and shortening your path from idea to product for emerging AIoT scenarios.
After designing your own Long Range devices with this Wio-E5 module, you can get your designs verified quickly with our Fusion PCB and PCBA services, which can help turn your designs into prototypes. And when the design is verified, our ODM & OEM services will help you scale up the prototypes into mass production, with services from Design for Manufacturing, procuring raw materials, to mass production and global shipment, and many services in between.
|ARM Cortex M4
|256KB Flash, 64KB SRAM
|28 pins, SMT
|Minimum sleep current
|Operation current (Transmitter+MCU)
|50mA @10dBm in 434MHz type
|111mA @22dBm in 470MHz type
|111mA @22dBm in 868MHz type
|Operation current (Receiver+MCU)
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 868MHz type
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 434MHz type
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 470MHz type
|10dBm max @434MHz
|22dBm max @470MHz
|22dBm max @868MHz
|< -36dBm below 1GHz
|< -40dBm above 1GHz
|3 groups of UART, include 2 pins
|1 group of I2C, include 2 pins
|1 ADC Input, include 1 pin, 12-bit 1Msps
|Manual reset pin input
|1 group of SPI, include 4 pins
|-40℃ ~ 85℃
We provide two packaging options for the LoRa-E5 module, differing mainly in the number of packages. Please choose the version that best aligns with your requirements.
- This one is the Bulk version, the modules are packaged individually, and we can deliver any quantity of modules in bulk. Please note that there is a potential moisture risk with this separate packaging option.
- Another version is the Tape Reel version, it is recommended for automated SMT assembly, as it comes in reel form. Please note that if you select the Tape Reel version and quantities less than 1000 pieces will be sent in cut tape form and quantities of 1000 pieces or more will be sent on reels of 1000 pieces, with the remainder sent in tape form.
Product Label Change Notice
The label on the Wio-E5 module will be updated to a new version that includes the TELEC certification logo. As a result, products that include the Wio-E5 module (such as the Grove Wio-E5, Wio-E5 mini, and Wio-E5 development kit) will have a new label on the Wio-E5 module in production batches after May. During the transition period, please note that there may be mixed deliveries. If you only accept new labels that show the TELEC logo, please send an email to [email protected] before you place an order. Our Customer Support Team will help you with it.
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
SHARED BY USERS
from order viewBuild Quality is good, works as described in the datasheet
from order viewThanks , good !
from order viewok, as expected
from order viewGood product
from order viewThis user did not leave any comments.