Wio-E5 Wireless Module (Tape Reel), for Long Range Application
Wio-E5 for Long Range Application for module is designed with ST system-level package chip STM32WLE5JC, ARM Cortex M4 ultra-low-power MCU and Long Range SX126X. It supports (G)FSK mode and Long Range . 62.5kHz, 125kHz, 250kHz, and 500kHz bandwidth can be used in Long Range mode, making it suitable for the design of various IoT nodes, supporting EU868 and US915.
Select the Tape Reel version and quantities less than 1000 pieces will be sent in cut tape form and quantities of 1000 pieces or more will be sent on reels of 1000 pieces, with the remainder sent in tape form.
For any inquiries regarding large volume requests or other assistance, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected]
To facilitate automated SMT assembly, LoRa-E5 modules are available in tape/reel packaging. Select the Tape Reel version and quantities less than 1000 pieces will be sent in cut tape form and quantities of 1000 pieces or more will be sent on reels of 1000 pieces, with the remainder sent in tape form.
If you prefer the modules packaged individually, please select the Bulk version.
Please note that the newly released LoRa-E5 CAN Development kit is based on the LoRa-E5 module with a built-in CAN controller MCP2515 and supports CAN FD, CAN2.0, and RS485 communication. It is a good tool for both LoRa sensor network management and Car Hacking.
- Ultra-low Power Consumption: as low as 2.1uA sleep current (WOR mode)
- Extremely Compacted Size: 12mm * 12mm * 2.5mm 28 pins SMT
- High Performance: [email protected]/915MHz; -136.5dBm sensitivity for SF12 with 125KHz BW
- Long Distance Use: 158dB link budget
- Wireless Connectivity: Embedded LoRaWAN® protocol, AT command, support global LoRaWAN® frequency plan
- Worldwide Compatibility: wide frequency range; EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865
- Great Flexibility: For users who want to develop software on the MCU of the module, other GPIOs of the MCU can be easily manipulated, including UART, I2C, ADC, etc. These rich GPIO interfaces are useful for users who need to expand peripherals.
- FCC and CE Certified
- Works for LoRaWAN sensor nodes and any wireless communication application
- Wireless Meter Reading
- Works for IoT Nodes & Sensor Network
- Other low power wide area IoT scenarios
- Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge at Wageningen University in the Netherlands
- Smart Poultry Farming in Beijing, China
- Smart Musang King Durian Farming in Pahang, Malaysia
- Sustainable Agriculture | Global IoT Education Initiative in the US, Australia, & Congo, etc.
- Smart High-Mountain Tea Plantation in Sichuan, China
- Smart Sweet Melon Greenhouse and Weather Station in Guangxi, China
- Environmental Monitoring in Stockholm, Sweden
- Data-driven Tourism in Guangdong, China
- Smart Greenhouse Growing Tropical Fruits in the North, in Shandong, China
- Smart Outdoor Triticale Farm in Hebei, China
For more detailed information about how to use LoRa-E5, please visit LoRa-E5 (STM32WLE5JC) Module Wiki.
1. Factory AT Firmware
LoRa-E5 series has a built-in AT command firmware, which supports LoRaWAN Class A/B/C protocol and a wide frequency plan: EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865. With this AT command firmware, developers can easily and quickly build their prototype or application.
The AT command firmware contains a bootloader for DFU and the AT application. The "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin is used to control LoRa-E5 to stay in the bootloader or jump to the AT application. When PB13 is HIGH, the module will jump to AT application after reset, with a default baud rate of 9600. When PB13 is LOW (press the "Boot" button on LoRa-E5 Dev Board or LoRa-E5 mini), the module will stay in the bootloader, and keep transmitting "C" character every 1S at baud rate 115200.
1. Factory AT Firmware is programmed with RDP(Read Protection) Level 1, developers need to remove RDP first with STM32Cube Programmer. Note that regression RDP to level 0 will cause a flash memory mass to erase and the Factory AT Firmware can't be restored again.
2. The "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin on the LoRa-E5 module is just a normal GPIO, not the "BOOT0" pin of the MCU. This "PB13/SPI_SCK/BOOT" pin is used in the bootloader of the Factory AT firmware, to decide to jump to APP or stay in bootloader(for DFU). The real "BOOT0" pin doesn't pinout to the module, so developers need to be careful when developing low-power applications.
2. Clock Configuration
TCXO power supply: PB0-VDD_TCXO
32.768KHz crystal oscillator
3. RF Switch
LoRa-E5 module ONLY transmits through RFO_HP:
Receive: PA4=1, PA5=0
Transmit(high output power, SMPS mode): PA4=0, PA5=1
|Core||MCU||ARM Cortex M4|
|Storage||256KB Flash, 64KB SRAM||KB|
|Package||28 pins, SMT|
|Electrical Characteristics||power supply||3.3V type||V|
|Minimum sleep current||2.1uA(SOC)||uA|
|Operation current (Transmitter+MCU)||50mA @10dBm in 434MHz type||mA|
|111mA @22dBm in 470MHz type|
|111mA @22dBm in 868MHz type|
|Operation current (Receiver+MCU)||6.7mA @BW125kHz, 868MHz type||mA|
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 434MHz type|
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 470MHz type|
|Output power||10dBm max @434MHz||dBm|
|22dBm max @470MHz|
|22dBm max @868MHz|
|Harmonics||< -36dBm below 1GHz||dBm|
|< -40dBm above 1GHz||dBm|
|UART||3 group of UART, include 2 pins|
|I2C||1 group of I2C, include 2 pins|
|ADC||1 ADC Input, include 1 pins, 12-bit 1Msps|
|NRST||Manual reset pin input|
|SPI||1 group of SPI, include 4 pins|
Free LoRa-E5 Project Sponsorship with Seeed Fusion PCBA:
If you have an interesting concept for LoRa-E5 and are willing to share it with the community, share it with us and we can help you make it a reality with Seeed Fusion’s one-stop-shop capabilities. Each person is limited to two PCBA boards 100% completely FREE for one design, including PCB fabrication, the cost of parts, assembly and shipping. The design must include LoRa-E5. Apply now!
Please click here to contact us if you need any further information on Seeed IIoT products and services. We are excited to see you can scale up and expand your business with our products and services.
We has recently released the LoRa-E5 Series based on LoRa-E5 module. Click here to meet new members of the LoRa-E5 family from the Grove module, mini Dev boards to Development Kit.
LEARN AND DOCUMENTS
Wio-E5 datasheet and specifications
Wio-E5 AT Command Specification
Wio-E5-HF Certification CE-VOC-RED
Wio-E5-HF FCC Certification -DSS
Wio-E5-HF FCC Certification -DTS
SHARED BY USERS
from order viewThis user did not leave any comments.