It has been one month since we release ODYSSEY – X86J4105, the most expandable mini PC can run Windows 10 and Linux OS, with three versions:
- ODYSSEY – X86J4105800 with 8GB RAM
- ODYSSEY – X86J4105864 8GB RAM + 64GB eMMC
- ODYSSEY – X86J4105864 Win10 Enterprise Activated + 8GB RAM + 64GB eMMC
We have received a lot of useful and good feedbacks asking us to add more tutorials and tests. We heard so we are taking the actions now! We will keep updating this blog with :
- Tutorials and example codes
- Compatible add-ons after testing
- Reviews from the community
ODYSSEY is a series of SBC (Single Board Computer), allowing you to build Edge Computing applications with ease. The ODYSSEY – X86J4105, based on Intel Celeron J4105, is a Quad-Core 1.5GHz CPU that bursts up to 2.5GHz. There is also an onboard ATSAMD21 Core, an ARM Cortex-M0+ MCU that allows you to program Arduino on the x86 platform.
Starting from only $188, The ODYSSEY – X86J4105 includes all the powerful features of Mini PC such as an 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB eMMC Storage(optional), onboard Wi-Fi/BLE, Dual Gigabyte Ethernet Ports, Audio Input and Output, USB Ports, HDMI, SATA Connectors and PCIe. You can also choose the version without 64GB eMMC at $188 and the version with 64GB eMMC at $218.
Applications recommended trying
Powerful Desktop PC support both Windows 10 and Linux OS
Just simply connect to a mouse, a keyboard and a monitor with the ODYSSEY – X86J4105, you will get a powerful Desktop Mini PC that can run Windows and Linux OS.
With Dual Gigabit Ethernet, you can build the OpenWrt project and pfSense with ease.
There are also two of M.2 PCIe (B Key and M Key), which enables various expandable capabilities including Hard Drives, SSD, GPU, 4G, and even 5G cellular network connectivity.
You can extend up to three SATA with the power connector to build your NAS server.
- Mini PC
- Edge Computing
- Industrial Applications
- Media Center
- IT Industry
- Educational Fields
- Thin Client
- Server Cluster
- IoT Gateway
Here I listed all the hard work we have done so far for ODYSSEY – X86J4105, including tutorials and example codes to help you get started with the board in a fast way. We will keep improving the product resources and adding more compatible accessories to helo you extend the possibilities! Please don’t be hesitated to let us know what you are looking forward to for ODYSSEY – X86J4105 in our forum.
- Update of PCIe to SATA RAID Module for the ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- Comparison Between ODYSSEY – X86J405 and ODRIOD H2
- Qubes OS: Security Oriented Operating System and Run Qubes OS on ODYSSEY X86J410
- ODYSSEY X86J4105 Getting Started
- Accessing and Controlling ODYSSEY – X86J4105 40-Pin GPIO
- Creating a Bootable USB and Installing OS (Ubuntu Desktop 18.04)
- Installing OpenWrt on ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- Edge IoT – Sending Sensor Data to Cloud
- How to Set up FreeNAS Storage Operating System on ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- Installing Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- Get Started with Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 with ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- Adding Accessories to ODYSSEY – X86J4105
- How to Install and Configure pfSense on X86-64bit Win10 Mini PC?
- Take A Close Look at Onboard Interfaces of Odyssey X86J4105 – How Powerful Is It and How Many Possibilities Can It Extend?
- Manjaro Linux on ODYSSEY – X86J4105864
- Coral Mini PCIe Accelerator on Odyssey X86J4105
We prepared a wide selection of compatible accessories for ODYSSEY – X864105 including Displays, Cables, SD Card, Mouse, and Keyboard. Click here to add accessories for your complete desktop PC. We will keep adding more accessories!
More than 300 Groves supported
The ODYSSEY – X86J4105 is more than just a computer, with the Arduino Co-processor onboard, it can be used to connect with sensors, gyroscope, and much more. Why don’t you start exploring your IoT journey from here! We have over 300 Grove modules and Sensors for you to choose from.
The re_computer case is specially designed for the re_computer system, compatible with all popular SBCs, with a removable acrylic cover on the top, and with a stackable structure to extend endless possibilities
At Seeed, you can also design your solution all in one page where you choose the desired SBC, any compatible mission board (HATs, expansions) that you want, I/O modules, and nicely place them in the suitable enclosures/cases such as re_computer Case. Rest assured, as we have tested full compatibility for all of the products listed on the page. Try it now here and save you time to find hardware compatibility!
Reviews from Community (Update with the latest reviews)
Re_Computer SBC Case – ODYSSEY – X86J4105, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone and Jetson Nano via ETA PRIME
Qubes OS: Security Oriented Operating System – via ExplainingComputers
FreeNAS on Odyssey X86 SBC — via ExplainingComputers
ODYSSEY X86 SBC Emulation Test Using Batocera.linux! — via ETA PRIME
Single Board Computer + GTX 1650 Can it Game? ODYSSEY / ReComputer SBC — via ETA PRIME
Seeed Studio Odyssey x86 First Look and Benchmark Review! — via Novaspirit Tech
Odyssey X86J4105 review and demo, including full specifications, Windows boot and tests, a look at the BIOS, and running Linux Mint. — via ExplainingComputers
Awesome Tiny Linux PC – ODYSSEY / ReComputer SBC 8Gb Ram Linux Testing – Elementary OS — — via ETA PRIME
ODYSSEY / ReComputer First Look New X86 SBC With 8Gb Of Ram — via ETA PRIME
We will keep updating more resources and work we have done on this roundup blog. Please stay tuned and feel free to let us know what tests, tutorials, and add-ons you want to see for ODYSSEY – X86J4105!