Hi Makers ?? ?? ,
We have some very exciting news to share with you! Over the past 3 months, our team has been hard at work to provide the community with a much more friendly experience at Seeed Forum.
We heard your feedback loud and clear: you enjoy fresh topics discussed at our forum but would love to have a flat out and easy interface to get involved and wish to have a natural way of online conversations with the community. Plus, many of you have mentioned that it would be nicer to get dynamic notifications and to be kept updated with valuable discussions even when you are not logged in. All heard and We totally agree.
Starting from March 2020, the Seeed Forum has been updated to a new version which is powered by the civilized discussion platform Discourse! We encourage you to continue engaging with the community at our new forum as we’ll keep bringing you all the latest and greatest from the community. Same great topics and discussion, with a better platform.
What’s new at Seeed Forum!
- Dynamic notifications: When someone quotes your post, mention your name or replies to your posts, you will be notified. And if you’re not around, we’ll email you, too.
- Social login: Easily add common social logins like Google and GitHub.
- Links automatically expand: Want to share a cool link you found? Just paste it in on a single line and we’ll make it automatically expand to provide additional context and information.
- Born mobile, born to touch: Forum 2.0 is based on Discourse and it was designed for high-resolution touch devices, with a built-in mobile layout. You could read or post from your laptop, tablet, and phone.
- Single sign-on: Seamlessly integrate Discourse with your existing site’s login system with the easy, robust single sign-on.
- Summarize topics: Use the Summarize button to condense long topics to just the most interesting and popular posts.
- Badges: Members can get Badges based on their contribution.
- Emoji: Access a searchable list of standard emoji.
- Reply via email: When you aren’t active on the website, your notifications will be automatically sent to you via email. Reply via email from anywhere, on any device.
- Two-factor authentication: Enhance your account security with the free Android or iOS authenticator apps.
- Spam blocking: Built-in Akismet spams protection and heuristics including new user sandboxing, user flag blocking, and standard no-follow.
And much more waiting for your exploration! ? .
P.S. You might find it useful to check out the Forum Etiquette written by our Forum Moderator Salman if you are looking for a detailed how-to-start-efficient-forum-conversations Guide.
Another P.S. Your thoughts are always welcomed: Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, feedback, and inputs on our new forum.