Arduino boards are something Seeed’s community has been passionate about for years. With Seeed’s mission of lowering the barriers of electronics and IoT development, we have worked out an extensive collection of blog articles to help Arduino users better wield their Arduino!
In this Arduino Collection, we have articles on the latest news regarding Arduinos, massive amounts of guides, tutorials, projects and hardware recommendations, and many more. Use this collection as a pit-stop to find your inspiration for your next major Arduino project! If you’re a beginner just getting started with the Arduino, we have a section of articles below to give you a headstart in your journey too! This collection will be helpful for beginners and experts alike.
- Latest Arduino News and Updates by Seeed
- Getting Started with Arduino
- General Arduino Guides
- Arduino Hardware Selection Guide
- Arduino Hardware Accessories Guide
- Arduino Board Alternatives
- Moving into TinyML
- Arduino Projects and Hardware Recommendations
Latest Arduino News and Updates by Seeed
In this first section, you’ll find the latest news and updates for Arduino. You’ll find articles on new products, new releases, and more!
- Arduino Core mbed 2.0 released by Arduino supports RP2040 boards!
- Arduino IDE Support for the Raspberry Pi Pico!
- Seeed and Arduino collaborate on a plug-and-play IoT experience with the new Arduino Sensor Kit
- Nano RP2040 Connect – The New RP2040 Board from Arduino
- Wio Terminal Update: Meet ArduPy, A Combination of Arduino and MicroPython to Learn Programming Efficiently
- Arduino announces the powerful new Arduino Portenta family
Getting Started with Arduino
For beginners just getting started with the Arduino, this section is for you! Over here you’ll find guides to help you comprehensively understand your Arduino and its different components. For instance, you’ll learn about the types of memory, data types and communication standards that the Arduino uses!
You should first head on here to have a basis on what is an Arduino. This article will give you an overview of Arduino, its functions, its components, and more! It will also share with you the different types of Arduino boards available and the best way to get started on your journey to mastering the Arduino.
- All about CPUs: Microprocessor, Microcontroller and Single Board Computer
- What is an Embedded Computer?
- Types of Computer Memory: RAM, ROM and Secondary Memory
- Getting started with Arduino Data Types
- Arduino Communication Peripherals: UART, I2C and SPI
General Arduino Guides
In this section, you’ll find a mixture of different guides for the Arduino. The guides here consist of mainly usage guides and also several accessories guides for all levels of users. There are also several guides here for experienced users to more efficiently use their Arduinos!
- Getting Started With SAMD21 Arduino – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- Multitasking with Arduino – Millis(), RTOS & More!
- Arduino Bootloader Programming – Getting Started with ARM Microcontrollers
- Managing Arduino Memory: Flash, SRAM, EEPROM!
- How to use a Breadboard for Beginners? Wiring, Circuit, Arduino
- How to control Arduino with Bluetooth? Tutorial with Modules and Shields
- Arduino Serial Monitor Tutorial: Basics and Alternatives to try
- What is Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)? Applications and Accessories – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- What is Turbidity and How to measure Turbidity in water with the Arduino? – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- TDS in Water – What is TDS and How to measure TDS in water with Arduino? – Latest open tech from seeed studio
Arduino Hardware Selection Guides
With all the different Arduino boards available in the market and also the different shields and accessories, it can be challenging to pick between them. Here is a section of articles dedicated to guide readers to pick between the different Arduino boards and accessories.
Go to this article if you’re looking to buy your first or next Arduino board for your projects or experimentation. This article will list down all the different Arduino boards available and even some popular ones by third-party vendors.
- Which Smallest Arduino Board is the best? – Comparison Guide
- SAMD21 Arduino Boards – Which one should you use?
- Arduino UNO alternatives – Which Microcontroller to buy?
Arduino Sensors and Accessories
- Air Quality Sensor Comparison – Which one should you use for your Arduino / Pi Project?
- How to select the best water flow sensor for your Arduino project
- How to Pick the Best Temperature and Humidity Sensor for Your Arduino Project
- Types of Vibration Sensor and How to buy one for Arduino?
- How to build an Arduino Robot? Kits and Projects to get started
- Microwave vs PIR Sensor – Which Arduino motion sensor to use?
- Temperature Sensors？Logging for Arduino: Which Sensor to choose?
- Arduino GPS Modules – Which one to use? Comparison and Arduino Tutorial
- Arduino Wifi Modules: Which one to use?
Arduino Hardware Accessories Guides
With all the different sensors and modules available for the Arduino, it can be difficult for you to learn about all of them. This section consists of a compilation of introductory guides and usage guides for most of the popular sensors and modules available for Arduinos! These guides will go through the different features, applications and guide you on how to use them with your Arduino.
Grove – An Easier Way to Learn Hardware
On the other hand, you might know now that we’re a strong advocate of our Grove ecosystem. Grove is a modular and standardised connector prototyping system that takes a building block approach to assemble electronics. By eliminating the need for jumper wires or solder, you can get straight into hardware prototyping and programming without the hassles that plague traditional methods.
We’ve also developed a comprehensive Grove Beginner Kit for Arduino to make it even easier to learn electronics and programming without the fuss of complicated wiring. Learn about how this kit enables electronics learning and more in our resource roundup!
There are over 300 Grove modules available for a variety of purposes, including sensors, actuators, display and communication modules, all of which you can find here. No matter the project you are working on, there will definitely be a Grove module for you. Alternatively, check out the following selection guides to pick the best Grove module for your use case!
- Seeed Accelerometer Selection Guide
- Seeed Barometer Selection Guide
- Seeed Biomedicine Selection Guide
- Seeed Distance Selection Guide
- Seeed Gas Sensor Selection Guide
- Seeed Light Sensor Selection Guide
- Seeed Relay Selection Guide
- Seeed Sound Selection Guide
Introductory Guides for Arduino Sensors and Accessories
- Rotary Encoders – How it works, How to use it with Arduino
- What is IMU Sensor and How to use with Arduino?
- Soil Moisture Sensor – Getting Started with Arduino
- What is a light sensor? Types, Uses, Arduino Guide
- What is a sound sensor? – Uses, Arduino Guide, Projects
- Touch sensors: What it is, How it works, Arduino Guide
- What is Barometric Pressure Sensor and Get Started Barometer Sensor with Arduino
- What is MOSFET Transistor and How to use with Arduino?
- What is FM Receiver, How to build an Arduino FM Radio with RDA5807
- What is EMG sensor, Myoware and How to use with Arduino?
- What is OpenMV Cam? The Arduino of Machine vision
- What is a Time of Flight Sensor and How does a ToF Sensor work?
- What is a LiDAR Sensor? – Technology, Uses, Projects
- Thermocouple Sensor: What it is, types, and Buying Guide
- Arduino Ultrasonic Sensor Overview and Tutorials
General Sensors and Accessories Guides
- How does Arduino work with Ultrasonic Sensor?
- Measuring pH with an Arduino and pH sensor – Arduino Tutorial
- Pull-up Resistor vs Pull-down – Differences, Arduino Guide
- How to Detect Flame with Flame Sensor and Arduino?
- Arduino Relay Tutorial: Control High Voltage Devices with Relay Modules
- IR Proximity Sensor for Arduino Distance Measuring
- Getting Started with Arduino Motors – DC, Stepper, Servo Motor
- Introduction to CAN-BUS and How to use it with Arduino
- How to Enable LoRa and LoRaWAN on Arduino and Raspberry Pi
Arduino Hardware Usage Tutorials
- How to use an MPU9250 Accelerometer and Gyroscope With Arduino
- How to use MCP9808 I2C Temperature Sensor with Arduino
- How to use Water Flow Sensor / Meter with Arduino
- How to use Arduino OLED I2C Display with SSD1306 / SSD1315
- How to use the 16×2 LCD with Arduino?
- How to use a button with Arduino in 6 steps! – Simple Arduino Tutorial
- How to use fingerprint sensor for Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- How to use Arduino as a 28BYJ-48 Stepper Motor Controller with a ULN2004 Driver Board
Dedicated Guides for Arduino Sensors and Accessories
- Arduino TFT LCD Screen Tutorial using Wio Terminal Equipped with 2.4 TFT LCD
- MCP2515 CAN-BUS Arduino Tutorial – Getting started, Interfacing, Applications
- ACS712 Current Sensor: Features, How it works, Arduino Guide
- LSM303 Accelerometer: Arduino, Raspberry Pi Guide to get started
- VL53L0X Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor: Arduino Guide to get started
- Getting started with MPU-9250, Arduino Guide
- Introducing PN532 NFC RFID with Arduino Guide
- Arduino Accelerometers: ADXL356, ADXL345 vs ADXL335
- NRF51822 BLE Module: Getting Started and Arduino Compatability
- Getting Started with NRF24L01 Transceiver: Arduino Guide
- Arduino RTC Tutorial: Using DS1307 RTC with Arduin
Arduino Board Alternatives
For those getting started with electronics and coding, most would recommend Arduino boards due to their easy-to-use features, most notably the Arduino UNO. However, there are many different Arduino alternatives as well. Most of them come with their own unique features, offering different learning and programming experience for users.
Compared to Arduino boards, these alternatives aren’t better or worse. Instead, they offer their own set of features and you should look at your requirements before choosing to get one. Here at Seeed, we have developed our own Arduino compatible boards as well!
Seeed’s Seeeduino Lineup
Seeeduino is Seeed’s lineup of Arduino-compatible boards. Being Arduino-compatible means that Seeeduino boards are 100% compatible with the Arduino software, shields and IDEs! Seeeduino boards come with the aforementioned Grove connectors, allowing you to easily connect Grove modules for prototyping without worrying about any wiring.
There are several Seeeduino boards available with some of them being based on Arduino Boards. There are unique boards as well such as the Seeeduino Xiao, the smallest Arduino compatible board in the Seeeduino family, being power efficient while still having enough power to be used in Arduino wearable devices and several projects. Check out our online store to look at all of the Seeeduino boards available. Additionally, check out our resource roundup for the Seeeduino Xiao, along with its community projects collections below!
The Wio Terminal is another one of Seeed’s Arduino-compatible boards. If having a multitude of features jam-packed into a single board is your thing, this board is definitely for you.
Not only being Arduino-compatible, but it also comes with its own set of unique features as well such as a built-in display, built-in buttons and joystick, wireless connectivity, integrated sensors, Grove connectors, MicroSD and OTG support, and more! Being versatile for a wide range of projects, it is the ultimate device to learn, explore and build IoT projects! Check out the Wio Terminal on Seeed’s online store, and also its resource roundups and community collections below.
- Wio Terminal: ATSAMD51 Core with Realtek RTL8720DN BLE 5.0 & Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G Dev Board
- Wio Terminal [Resource Roundup | Community Projects]
Moving into TinyML
In this section, you’ll find articles and guides related to TinyML. Tiny Machine Learning (TinyML) is a field of machine learning that focuses on the development and deployment of ML models on low power, low-footprint microcontroller devices like Arduino.
Head on here first to learn everything you need to know about TinyML to give you a headstart. This beginners guide will teach you about the fundamentals of TinyML, and also recommend courses and projects to expand your knowledge.
Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal Series
For a visual learning experience, one of Seeed’s makers, Dmitry Maslov has a video series on Youtube covering different TinyML projects with the aforementioned Wio Terminal. Detailed explanation with demonstration is provided for you to fully understand how everything works!
- Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal and Arduino IDE #1 Intro
- Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal and Arduino IDE #2 Audio Scene Recognition and Mobile Notifications
- Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal and Arduino IDE #3 People Counting and Azure IoT Central Integration
- Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal and Arduino IDE #4 Weather prediction with Tensorflow Lite for Microcontrollers a.k.a. I just like data
- Learn TinyML using Wio Terminal and Arduino IDE #5 Anomaly detection for Predictive maintenance with new Blynk IoT Platform release
Other TinyML Information
Arduino Projects and Hardware Recommendations
In this last section, you’ll find articles with different Arduino projects and hardware recommendations. Having inspiration for your next project can be difficult, and these guides will give you a glimpse of the different projects other Arduino users are making! The plethora of Arduino hardware accessories available also makes it difficult to choose. These guides contain the most popular accessories available in the market for you to find your next Arduino hardware.
- 13 Arduino LED Projects you need to try! – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- Interesting Arduino Robotics Project ideas to explore in 2021! – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- 20 Awesome Arduino Projects That You Must Try 2021! – Latest open tech from seeed studio
- 20 Best Arduino Nano Projects that you must try 2019! – Latest open tech from seeed studio
Arduino Hardware Recommendations
- Best Arduino Boards and Microcontrollers (MCUs) for IoT and Wearables
- Best Electronics Kits for Kids, Beginners & STEM Education Based on Micro:bit, Grove Zero, and Arduino #Learn from Home
- Smallest Arduino Boards for your Mini Arduino Projects
- Best LED for your Arduino Projects
- TOP 27 Popular Raspberry Pi Displays & Screens
- 10 Arduino Compatible Temperature Sensors
- 15 Arduino Modules and Projects for Beginners
- Best 20+ Arduino Shields You Should Try